What's your drinking chair?

SMOWK
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over a week now relaxing in the Stressless Spirit. Unbelievably comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :cool::cool:

Still no picture? I'm disappointed, SMOWK!

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite drinking chair is an oversized rocking chair that my grandfather bought in 1915. It is in my bourbon corner

post-5814-1448981746701_thumb.jpg

My favorite drinking chair is an oversized rocking chair that my grandfather bought in 1915. It is in my bourbon corner

Love the Maker's barrel also.

I purchased it about a year ago from a liquor store for $100. I have no problem asking owners to sell if I see something I like. They usually won't or want much more than I think its worth, but occasionally they do. I got several barrel head signs and mirrors that way to my wife's dismay.

I purchased it about a year ago from a liquor store for $100. I have no problem asking owners to sell if I see something I like. They usually won't or want much more than I think its worth, but occasionally they do. I got several barrel head signs and mirrors that way to my wife's dismay.

Yep...it's always worth asking! If they say "no" you are in the same spot that you were when you walked in the door. But every now and then you get a "yes" and you can get some pretty good deals!

Yep...it's always worth asking! If they say "no" you are in the same spot that you were when you walked in the door. But every now and then you get a "yes" and you can get some pretty good deals!

I was in a small store on the way to my mother-in-law's house and these young guys who had recently purchased the store had a 1 gallon bottle of four roses blended whiskey on a bookcase at the back of the store. The label was worn and I asked them if they wanted to sell it (mostly for the novelty). They responded the whiskey was no good but I could have the bottle for $10. It still sealed and I will probably never drink it but it is a neat display piece for $10. I really think they would sell anything in the store. They did have Knob Creek half-barrel on its side display in back (they took me back to see it and asked me to make an offer.) said I would think about it and get back with them.

• 8 months later...
This is my Bourbon Chair, Click Here , I make these out of reclaimed Bourbon barrel staves...

Hello Kurt-

Not sure if you were just showing the chairs you make or if you really use it as your chair to drink your bourbon out of. Really looks cool but I think it would look better in the corner as a cool piece. My Adirondack in my backyard is my usual choice.

Best regards, Tony

Hello Kurt-

Not sure if you were just showing the chairs you make or if you really use it as your chair to drink your bourbon out of. Really looks cool but I think it would look better in the corner as a cool piece. My Adirondack in my backyard is my usual choice.

Best regards, Tony

I'm psychic. Something tells me...wait...I'm getting a mental picture...your Adirondack chair...is...light greenish in color!!! Am I right? Am I right??

:D

I'm psychic. Something tells me...wait...I'm getting a mental picture...your Adirondack chair...is...light greenish in color!!! Am I right? Am I right??

:D

You are a very smart person :grin:.

I honestly had forgot that was my avatar. Thanks for the laugh.

Best regards, Tony

• 1 month later...

A small faux leather chair SWMBO found at Target. Within reach of a side table and with arms wide enough to accommodate a glass.

I drink in a leather recliner with a coffee table beside it. If I smoke a cigar though, I sit in iron chairs outside.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.