Stranahan’s only in Colorado?

silverfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

FWIW, I saw bottles available at two different stores in Indy last weekend. I have no idea how long they were there.

That didn't take long. Jake Norris has now decamped as well. Good article about Stranahan's today on Westword.

The interview with Jake mentioned in the piece Chuck linked to is now on-line.

They've been there for years....and still there. Most of us aren't too big on it around here.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost bought one at the Keystone Kahn's last time I was there, but I just couldn't get over the price.

The interview with Jake mentioned in the piece Chuck linked to is now on-line.
Why did you leave? I am not one to hang around and watch someone bridle a wild pony.

There you have it. Product is now > Process.

Nice read.

One thing about this story that has been mis-reported is that people keep calling Proximo 'a big company.' Everything is relative, of course, but Proximo is not a significant player in the distilled spirits business. As I will say in my blog post about it tomorrow, Proximo isn't a pimple on Diageo's ass.

There are a few bottles of this still on the shelf of one of the local liquor stores. A got a bottle years back on sale. Definitely something I wouldn't pay full price for!

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

This week I've exchanged emails with a Proximo executive and chatted with Jess Graber. It's a new normal but Stranahan's seems to be settling into it. More here.

They've been there for years....and still there. Most of us aren't too big on it around here.

I sampled it, and the flavor is unique, but nothing to justify the pricing. I guess they'll sit a few more years.

• 3 months later...

Looks like their website was updated about a week ago... first time in quite a while. Says that they're releasing another one of their "snowflakes." Nothing about distribution or anything of the like. Hoping this is a good sign, however.

I like the flavor profile of Stranahan's. I still have 3/4 of a bottle that was distilled in '08.

I hope it gets distributed in Ohio again. I think this could be really good stuff with a little more age on it.

Proximo says their plan is to stay just in Colorado until they have enough supply to satisfy demand there and only then will they expand, although I think they're hedging that by letting a little bit get into some major markets like LA and Chicago.

When you start to see Jess Graber again, that will be the signal that they're expanding.

I like the flavor profile of Stranahan's. I still have 3/4 of a bottle that was distilled in '08.

I like it too. I love that something between coffee and caramel thing it has on the nose.

Sure its overpriced but all micros are.

I think there are too many folks who would pass on it because of the price but then throw money away on something completely nonsensical like bottled water or lottery tickets. Just my .02

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.