Bodum Pavina Double-Wall Thermo Glasses

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wade, my only concern that has kept me from buying a pair is how fragile they may be....

They do say not to use ice machine in fridge that drops ice into glass, but place cubes in glass. Dishwasher safe so they say. I'll let you know how they hold up over time.

I have a couple of this type of Bodum glass that came with a French Press. They have proven much more durable than my Riedel O's or my similar Bodum footless glasses. I think the lip's fairly thick 'folded glass' edge is pretty sturdy.

That said, mine's for keeping my coffee hot, not my bourbon...well, you know. :grin:

• 2 months later...

Follow up post - I have been using these for 2 months. They have survived numerous trips through dishwasher and general every day use with no problems.

I was surprised to see these in use at a local coffee shop (Chava on Clark and Wilson). Seemed too fragile and expensive for coffee shop use but the owners say they've been holding up quite well. I plan to get some.

• 4 months later...

I've been using the Bodums (tall & short sizes) for a few years

with no problems. Well, I did manage to break one of the taller

glasses by dropping ice into it but that was my fault and nothing

to do with the glass. They do work well keeping cocktails or "on

the rocks" cooler longer.

For x-mas I received a set of Curva Artisan Series tumblers. They

are double wall like the Bodums and I like the "shapes" these make

when full but then I'm a sucker for goofy stuff like that.

post-4813-14489817699041_thumb.jpg

Acme Kleinbottle (www.kleinbottle.com) does truly supply the gift for the mathematical theorist, topologist, or geometer who has everything. As my dad is a math professor, for one birthday I bought him a "standard" baby Klein bottle from Acme.

However, I hadn't until today seen his "Wine Cup of Tantalus" and "Beer Stein of Tantalus" until I was poking around the site just now. Link: http://www.kleinbottle.com/Tantalus.html

Fill it less than halfway, and the drink is safe. Fill it over halfway or so, and it siphons out onto the floor. Good times! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.