what are the stronger brands available?

racer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was wondering, what were the stronger brands of cigars available? I realize the cubans pack a good kick, but they are "forbidden" to americans. But what are the good stronger cigars. I see that central america is really doing great job. I was wondering about the Dominican Republic, are the even capable of a strong cigar? The smokes are well made, but mild.

regards

mark h.

ps tried the punch corojo, wow deep flavors!

As a general, but sometimes missleading, rule look to the darker maduro cigars for a stronger, more full-bodied flavor. Some of the stronger cigars I have smoked include:

La Gloria Cubana Series R #5 Maduro

Ashton VSG

H.Upman #2

Camacho Corojo

Montecristo #4

Partagas S series, Perfectos

Hope that helps some cool.gif

Thanks Jeff. I recently got back into cigars, when I left I was into the Honduran Nicaraguan and occasionally cuban smokes. The only problem back then especially with the Nicaraguans was quality. All cigars seemed to suck in general, regardless of where they came from. Now, it is a different story. The boom is over. The good ole days are back! I'm worried, that bourbon is about to go into a boom. We know what could happen. crazy.gif Anyway, I'm going to keep an eye open for the sticks you mentioned.

thanks

mark h.

Glad to have you back in the club cool.gif Since you have been gone a while, might I recommend anything Hemingway. While certainly not the strongest smokes out there, they have become some of my favorites. Try the Signature for an everyday cigar, the Classic when you've got some time to spare, and the Short Story when time is of the essence. If you want to drop a few more bucks, try an Opus X Perfexion X. At around $16 it makes a nice end to a special occasion, or a great steak grin.gif Also, if you can find any of the Puch Rare Corojo cigars, pick up a couple. Very good medium to full bodied smoke!

• 5 months later...

For Full-Bodied smokes go with:

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur

Joya de Nicaragua

Camacho Corojo

Saint Luis Rey

Opus X

Ashton VSG

Camacho Diploma and 11/18

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.