A Short Story!

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It had a very happy ending laugh.gif . This afternoon after work I fired up a Hemmingway Short Story and paired it with a glass of Weller 12yo. Wow, the SS lit and burned perfectly with a nutty/earthy flavor that complemented the full-bodied caramely-sweet Weller. Wanted to get in a quick smoke before the rains set in, but the rain has yet to come. Could have had a Classic frown.gif

Well, its been pouring off and on, here, since lunch time.

Wish I could join you for a smoke, but I had to give them up about five years ago.

Tim

Jeff,

My patience has just run out with you-the bourbon sampler is coming up and you have not said a word - I want to meet you-you are in Lexington and I am in Cincinnati and there is no reason for you not to be there. If other obligations keep you from attending this I will understand but certainly hope you will be able to make it. If not, maybe we can get together some time as we live fairly close to each other. You are always welcome to come to my "Tenforward Bar" as I would absolutely enjoy your company.

From one bourbon lover to another,

Cheers,

Marvin

Sorry Marvin, but I will be spending the weekend with the inlaws in eastern KY for my 2yo nieces birthday, but I appreciate your invitation! I do hope to meet you soon. I'm sure you will be attending the bourbon festival? If we can't get together before that, then we'll make it one hell of a time wink.gif

Sorry to hear that Tim, but I would be happy to have you along, smoking or not. laugh.gif

I like this cigar!!! Found JR has them this afternoon, but I thought they cost less than $100. Did you get a good deal on this great little guy?

So far I have only bought singles, but I know I can pick up a box at Schwab's for $101 when they are in stock. Great little smoke. I had a signature last night and I really can't detect much difference in any of the Hemingway series, just the size.

• 2 months later...

The Hemingway Short Story is a fantastic cigar! Nice and light but nice complex flavours! It's too bad that it is so small, which is why I typically smoke the Signatures!

A Hemi SS has an MSRP of $4.15 so expect to pay about $103.75 a box. Just be glad you aren't paying $7+ for them, b/c I've seen some stores gourge and charge that. I saw one for $15 in NYC once! Yikes!

-Brian

Brian, Welcome and thanks for posting! I know what you mean about jacking the price of these little fellas. I was recently at one tobacco shop that wanted $150 for a box shocked.gif I only paid a few dollars more than that for my last box of signatures. I find that I tend to smoke the SS when it's about to rain and I don't have a lot of time.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.