Fall Allocation of VWFRR - New juice?

humchan2k
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In the spirit of the fall release, it's time again to drum up the Pappy insanity........and I'm wondering about the VWFRR, as it's my fave booze on the planet that I can't get nearly enough of.....

With the rolling of the Pappy 15 to being BT distillate either in this release or next, I wonder how much longer the VWFRR will be the same stuff, does anyone know? It was never actually SW juice, correct? What's the news?

Thanks for the help, oh wise Bourbonians! :)

"Like" the pappy page on Facebook - they update it often with release information.

The Rye has never been "Pappy" and what they are releasing now is the same juice as always (and they are very limited in the amount released).

At some point in the next couple of years (somebody here will know the exact date), the VWFRR will be BT juice. I can't recall what I was told, just that it will be eventually...

The Facebook page is really the best place for details - they post often, and do a great job of answering questions.

Here is a non answer, answer for you. VWFRR is a combination of two different rye whiskeys that are tanked at 18 yrs of age. They are releasing small amounts of it until I believe 2017?? when the BT rye will be 13 years old. If you search you will find a post by Julian that has all the real details. Sorry I couldn't get all the facts but I have had a few tonight.

Interesting post you found. I'd love to add it to my Van Winkle Rye archive, but the thread is locked...

Timothy

That thread is not locked it's on page 3 of premium bourbons/specialty bottlings 3rd thread down page 1.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.