BOTM 10/11: Angel's Envy

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm in wine distribution. I've worked with hundreds of producers at countless trade shows, as well as tastings for civilians. Most people will never tell you what they really think to your face. You'll hear nothing but praise at things like Whiskey Fest, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sorry to be so prickly, but I am the White Dog.:cool: :cool:

• 2 months later...

I was at the Binnys in Downers Grove, IL 2 weeks ago (in Downers for business, so HAD to finally stop by for the first time ever). I was amazed at the bourbon selection (especially since truly diving into bourbon only a year or two ago). I saw a few bottles of AE in a cart, but no prices. I asked a gentleman about it while holding a select barrel of Knob Creek. He said it was $49 and asked me if I wanted his opinion. I said sure and he said take the AE above everything except the highest end stuff in the place. I did and I really enjoy it. Good flavor (I still don't know if I can specify flavors yet) but I really enjoyed the finish. Definitely the best finish of anything I have had (I have been working hard this last year to try everything I can).

After getting his opinions of several other bottles I had thought about, I mentioned that I was impressed by his selection. He said there is a reason for that....he liked bourbon (suggesting he was the manager or owner). Not sure what his name was though.

I still haven't tried it. No sign of it in Georgia.

Got mine in the mail :wink: it'll find it's place but I don't reach for it. It occurs to me that the scots love to do " barrel Finished" but then again all scotch is aged in a barrel that wasn't good for someone anymore. One man's trash...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.