Knob Creek Rye

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Way ahead of ya Chuck, I read that on a blog earlier today.

Oh, wait,...that was your blog, sorry.:blush:

Way ahead of ya Chuck, I read that on a blog earlier today.

Oh, wait,...that was your blog, sorry.:blush:

Maybe it will be as good as Ri1.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It occurred to me that perhaps it's a way to sell the whiskey they set aside but haven't sold as ri1, which I don't think has done all that well. Certainly if it's older and higher proof than ri1, that will be a good thing.

As "no other details are available", this is the perfect time to start the conjecture merry-go-round! :D Let me start.

1) Are they dumping the previous plans to offer Ri2 and Ri3 etc.?

2) Does this mean, that Knob Creek is the brand name they want to build line extension with? (See Knob Creek Special Reserve)

3) Probably, a minimum 100 proofer, and with a fair amount of age on it?

4) Priced in upper $30 low $40 range?

I'm looking forward to it. I like rye. But, I'll love it if it hits me in the nose and make my eyes water.

It certainly does look like Knob Creek is a winner for Beam.

It's in most bars I go to and this new KC Rye sounds like another winner without knowing the details.

Couldn't they charge more for it if they called it Booker's Rye instead?

You hush!:lol:

Seriously, though, if it follows the KC blueprint (100 pf, age stated) I think it would be great. I suppose 9 years is too much to ask, but shoot, anything 6 or over would be pretty nice.

Is it cherry flavored rye?

Nope, it's Knob Creek Honey Reseve Rye with a dash of Cherry :slappin:

In all seriousness..... outstanding news! Can't wait. Here's hoping it's out by May so I can pick some up in Hawaii :skep: :grin:

Good news if it's 9 years old and high proof and I hope sincerely it isn't flavored.

Gary

1) Are they dumping the previous plans to offer Ri2 and Ri3 etc.?

You would remember that. I think I blocked it out.

My question: Is it LDI? :slappin:

It sounds like the relative failure of R1 might turn out to be a blessing: just leave it in the barrel longer and release it at higher proof, too.

Come on, let it be 9 years and 100 proof: that's the Knob Creek way.

Does Beam have only 1 rye mashbill (Are JB rye and Overholt the same)??? Is this basically going to be what Overholt BIB should be like???? I'm getting thirsty already!

I like KC quite a bit, and as mentioned before it is widely available in restaraunts, bars, and grocery stores. It's branding has obviously been successful, so I think this would be a rye that is probably a little easier to find than WT's. I also think Chuck's comments make a lot of sense that this label could be used to redirect the r1 that is currently aging that would likely be in glut status before too long.

If they put out a high-proof, age-statement Rye, good for them, but I won't be holding me breath as far as Beam Global is concerned.

Maybe the new Rye will be part of the "Small Batch Collection." So small that they're in every friggin' bar in America.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Does Beam have only 1 rye mashbill (Are JB rye and Overholt the same)??? Is this basically going to be what Overholt BIB should be like???? I'm getting thirsty already!

Man this post has me all hot and bothered.

Hopefully it doesn't taste at all like Jim Beam Rye, Old Overcoat or R1...

As long as it's unlike those, it might be good!

Hopefully it doesn't taste at all like Jim Beam Rye, Old Overcoat or R1...

As long as it's unlike those, it might be good!

Yep. It's a long shot though.

Jim Beam Rye was the very first rye I tasted, but that was years ago and I have only the faintest recollection. I remember liking the taste, but finding it thin. If KC Rye is that at 100 proof, 6 years, and around $30, I'll buy a bottle. Hell, maybe a few years down the road we can get a 120 proof single barrel. :D

Beam's attitude toward new product development has done a 180 in the last year, so anything is possible.

I signed up for a Jim Beam bzzagent.com campaign a couple months ago and I'm still waiting for my packet. It will probably be a sample of Devil's Cut, but I would love for it to be an unreleased new product. Hey, maybe they'd make a bold choice and send me a rough draft of the KC Rye. :slappin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.