Rye shortage?

leebo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was kind of annoyed by the whole conversation which is why I walked away from it today. I wanted to get past the irritation of the event before I made a decision. These guys also had a PVW23 on the shelf for $375. That same bottle was there 10 weeks ago at $400. Not the most stand up joint in town that is for sure. They did have an E.H. Taylor SB that has not been in the store before though. Still over priced at $89.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it a true shortage or just managed scarcity (something we here in Napa perfected), but I pretty much buy any baby Saz I see, as I see them so infrequently. Haven't seen a RittBib but maybe once in 6 months and am regretting not buying it.

December special from my distributor in Georgia. Buy 6 ritt bib get a bernheim wheater free. Final bottle cost was like 16$ for the ritt. After free goods. So much for scarcity. I'm checking now on their remaining inventory. I'll hit u back on Monday

No bullshit here, but I got told the same line that EJ got told but it did not happen the same way. "Only three cases left in Indiana". This happened at the Royal Liquor Store in Evansville IN. This guy was not trying to sell me a case and was happy to take an order for a single bottle.

I asked him if the distributor could have been the same person/company servicing both Evansville and Louisville and he said it was unlikely. The guy is about thirty so who knows what he knows or how he knows it. I was surprised that he said the same "three cases left in Indiana story" though.

I tried to find out if the information could have been shared and the guy didn't think to seem to think so. My thinking was that two separate, independent sources may increase the validity of the statement but I really have no clue, I'm new to all this and just want to try some Ritt BIB.

I don't know. He ordered me three bottles that are supposed to be here next Thursday. I told him to order all three cases and he said he would. I told him, hey buddy, if this is that exclusive, doesn't it seem to make sense that you should get it while you can? He was convinced, but he's not the top dog. We shall see. Who knows really (would like Chuck's opinion). I mainly want to find out if this is true. I told him let's find out and go ahead and order the three cases, he said he would if approved by his manager. I will post an update.

If there is any information I can gather to get to the bottom of this let me know....

I figure if the jack leg does order the remaining stock, if the "remaining stock" exists, then we will know where we stand in terms of the shortage, if the shortage is real....I'm almost convinced it may be real, primarily because I don't think this "three case left" story is being controlled and told to us, but I could be wrong.....

One thing that's definitely true is that the same distributor wouldn't be servicing Evansville and Louisville, or even Evansville and nearby Owensboro, because distributors don't work across state lines.

There is a disconnect between the two stories, it seems, as the first guy said three cases were all that were allocated and the second guy said only three were left. I don't necessarily blame the retailer. It sounds like the kind of story a distributor sales rep might make up. Certainly "act now or you'll miss out" is a venerable sales tactic and not always truthful.

December special from my distributor in Georgia. Buy 6 ritt bib get a bernheim wheater free. Final bottle cost was like 16$ for the ritt. After free goods. So much for scarcity. I'm checking now on their remaining inventory. I'll hit u back on Monday

I made a big move but still wish I bought more. Only problem is getting rid of the bernheim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.