Bourbon sauce for Xmas pudding?

Andre28
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't, but it shouldn't be too hard to think something up. Maybe bourbon, unsalted butter, brown sugar, and a squeeze of orange juice? Simmered to a caramely consistency.

Tim

I don't, but it shouldn't be too hard to think something up. Maybe bourbon, unsalted butter, brown sugar, and a squeeze of orange juice? Simmered to a caramely consistency.

Tim

I tend to think no cream. I don't know. Try it both ways.

My way would be a lot like the sauce for a Bananas Foster.

Tim

If by Christmas pudding you mean either a plum pudding or a bread pudding dessert, I would lean toward adding cream. The caramel sauce without cream, IHMO, is better as a topping for a more plain tasting cake especially with ice cream.

I also would kind of lean if using cream to add the bourbon last and not flame. If you don't add cream, I prefer flaming the bourbon in the sauce (GT Stagg is great for that and is my go-to bourbon for banana's foster.

Tom

If by Christmas pudding you mean either a plum pudding or a bread pudding dessert, I would lean toward adding cream. The caramel sauce without cream, IHMO, is better as a topping for a more plain tasting cake especially with ice cream.

I also would kind of lean if using cream to add the bourbon last and not flame. If you don't add cream, I prefer flaming the bourbon in the sauce (GT Stagg is great for that and is my go-to bourbon for banana's foster.

Tom

Go with Tom's suggestion. I can vouch for the mind-blowing deliciousness of his banana's foster! :bowdown:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.