A Couple that havn't been Mentioned

Zanaspus
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Alright, I think I mentioned elsewhere that I'm an OCD hobbyist. And in as much as I've had one glorious evening of rye, I'm now researching my spring trip to The Party Source. I have found three that have no mention in this forum, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them:

1) Lion's Pride Organic Dark Rye

2) Shippen Bros. Bleu Sky Rye

3) Tuthill Town Hudson Manhattan Rye

Also, is WT Russell's Reserve worth the step up from standard WT?

Alright, I think I mentioned elsewhere that I'm an OCD hobbyist. And in as much as I've had one glorious evening of rye, I'm now researching my spring trip to The Party Source. I have found three that have no mention in this forum, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them:

I like to have both the 101 and Russel's Reserve ryes on hand. They're not really very similar and I like them both.

Bleu Sky is a sourced rye. I think it's a Party Source exclusive. It's probably LDI, given that its made by Strong Spirits which I believe sources all of its product from LDI.

Have you had the Party Source Bowman? That's a fantastic rye.

I prefer Russell's Reserve Rye to Wild Turkey 101 Proof Rye. I find Russell's Reserve much smoother to drink neat. It was my 'go to' rye until I discovered the excellent Sazerac Rye (no age statement) and Bulleit Rye.

Just make sure to put $70 aside to splurge on a bottle of the Abraham Bowman barrel strength rye if it is still available. Even if you aren't ready for it right now, at least you'll have a bottle. Put it away and months down the line when you've become well acquainted with rye whiskey, you'll be able to open up the bowman and be thankful that you have a rye of such high quality in your posession. It's that good (imo).

Just make sure to put $70 aside to splurge on a bottle of the Abraham Bowman barrel strength rye if it is still available. Even if you aren't ready for it right now, at least you'll have a bottle.

Great advice! I'm not much of a Rye fan but if someone gave me

a heads up on a wheater I shoulda picked up while I was learning I

preferred them, I'd be indebted for sure!

Just make sure to put $70 aside to splurge on a bottle of the Abraham Bowman barrel strength rye ...

$70?!?! Okay, now I'm ticked off. That's what Virginians pay for the 90 proof.

$70?!?! Okay, now I'm ticked off. That's what Virginians pay for the 90 proof.

You can order it online and have it shipped. It's very, very good stuff. Thomas Handy at 10 years old.

You can order it online and have it shipped. It's very, very good stuff. Thomas Handy at 10 years old.
Yes, Bowman rye is very good! I've been a fan since first release in VA and would very much like to have barrel proof. VA is an ABC state with shipping prohibitions. It's okay to drive back into state with no more than 3 gallons per adult (bonafide owner) in the vehicle.

Yes, Bowman rye is very good! I've been a fan since first release in VA and would very much like to have barrel proof. VA is an ABC state with shipping prohibitions. It's okay to drive back into state with no more than 3 gallons per adult (bonafide owner) in the vehicle.

unless they made a change and haven't updated their website tPS ships to Virginia

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.