Villeroy & Boch Whiskey Glasses

jdodso3
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guys,

Have been considering pulling the trigger on a set of these glasses for a while. I have narrowed it down to the islands, highlands, and lowlands model. Which would you go with?

The lowlands seems very similar to a glencairne, while the other two offer a wider mouth (judging by the pictures).

Any suggestions?

Seems a bit gimmicky to me, I would go with the smallest size, I don't like to have a huge glass with a tiny bit of whisky in it. The smaller fit better in the hand, and allow the glass to warm while you are holding it. Could just be personal preference though.

I like the island.

But then I prefer the Riedel bourbon glasses or a snifter to the Glencairn. I understand and appreciate shapes that concentrate the nose of a spirit, but the Glencairn's opening is so narrow that I find it uncomfortable to drink from. I have to tip my head more than tipping the glass. And I don't like that.

Seems a bit gimmicky to me, I would go with the smallest size, I don't like to have a huge glass with a tiny bit of whisky in it. The smaller fit better in the hand, and allow the glass to warm while you are holding it. Could just be personal preference though.

I would probably go with the Island, just because the Lowland is already very close to the Glencairns I already have.

10-4 sailor22. I love my glencairnes but want to try something new. I agree with moose. I like the smaller sized glasses for drinking bourbon since I typically only pour 2-3 ounces.

I'll probably go with the highland and lowland and see how they drink. The island seems too much like a highball glass.

I would probably go with the Island, just because the Lowland is already very close to the Glencairns I already have.

Edit: I meant to say Highland.

The Island looks a lot like the riedel O and the lowland looks glencairn.

I'd go highland- the inbetweener.

• 3 months later...

In what respect is any of them superior to a Glencairn at half (or less) the price? (That's a question, as I always have to tell my wife, not a criticism.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.