Breakout Premium Rye

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It looks like the Tennessee Spirits Company that makes Jailers and Breakout is now affiliated with or owned by Luxco. Luxco submitted their last few COLA apps.

It looks like the Tennessee Spirits Company that makes Jailers and Breakout is now affiliated with or owned by Luxco. Luxco submitted their last few COLA apps.

Well now. Seeing how well they have managed brands like "bourbon supreme" we can only expect the finest things... I'm sure they will be taking over "high spirits" soon. Can't wait

Don't hate. Old Ezra 101 and Ezra B are pretty damn good.

I love me some Old Ezra 101, but they conveniently have extra David Nicholson DSP-KY-16 labels, so they're still unethically using them(Hello TTB! Anybody home??) and I'd put my bottle of Rebel Yell against your bottle of Benchmark any day.:lol:

Pitting Rebel Yell against Benchmark is like when Notre Dame plays Michigan. The only pity is that someone has to win.

Pitting Rebel Yell against Benchmark is like when Notre Dame plays Michigan. The only pity is that someone has to win.

:grin:... :toast:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

So now that Capital Brands has gone belly up is this officially a dusty???

post-8493-1448981959015_thumb.jpeg

:lol:

The bourbon was apparently pretty definitely identified as Dickel despite an unwillingness of the company to fess up for "legal reasons" but the rye still seems to be a bit of a mystery as best I can tell. Reports seem varied but at least one person with an experienced palate seemed to like the rye!

I drank all of the rye, and enjoyed every drop. I will be getting more.

MGPI seems a likely source but I can't find anything to confirm. Not really interested at the current price but if the rye starts hitting the clearance rack for a good price I might give one a try!

not bad, had it last night at Longman. 8yr LDI, super minty, but I'd still rather have one of the Willet FE 4yr LDIs

Found a place in houston area closing out this for $16.99 a bottle so I picked up a case to take back home to iowa.

Found a place in houston area closing out this for $16.99 a bottle so I picked up a case to take back home to iowa.

That would be the kind of price I would be looking for!

That would be the kind of price I would be looking for!

Yeah, I would try just about any whiskey for $16.99! If it is the Rye, then that is an great price. Over 50% off!

• 8 months later...

Several cases of this on closeout at Party Source for $12.99...

Several cases of this on closeout at Party Source for $12.99...

Finally. I think they shut down operations some time ago!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.