BOTM 2/12: Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For once I actually am able to comment on the BOTM in the current month:grin:

Through the generosity of another member I recently acquired an embossed dark top from 05.

I'd say it's actually a little subdued for a WT. Don't get me wrong, it's very typical of WT from the last 10 years or so, but just not as in your face. It's also got a nice, clean, refreshing finish.

Overall I think I like it slightly better than the current Rare Breed but not as well as older RBs I have tried. I haven't bothered with the newer WTKS bottlings because you guys have scared me off:rolleyes:.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish this wasn't so impossible to find in Wisconsin! We have the other WT products, but never any Kentucky Spirit. I drove to Binny's in IL this week to pick up my first bottle. Only time i've tried it was at the distillery and hadn't fully developed my taste for WT. To say I am excited to try it again would be a huge understatement.

Side note... also have a bottle of American Spirit on the way which I am also wildly excited for!

I wish this wasn't so impossible to find in Wisconsin! We have the other WT products, but never any Kentucky Spirit. I drove to Binny's in IL this week to pick up my first bottle. Only time i've tried it was at the distillery and hadn't fully developed my taste for WT. To say I am excited to try it again would be a huge understatement.

Side note... also have a bottle of American Spirit on the way which I am also wildly excited for!

The American Spirit will not disappoint.

Are you kidding me?? WTKS lounges on the shelves of Otto's, Discount Liquor, Ray's, Consumer... It's easy to find.

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying WTKS as a regular pour. Decent juice at a decent price. I'm a little surprised there isn't more discussion about it,

• jbutler unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.