Booker's Bourbon

whskyfan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am looking for information on a bottle of Booker's I purchased quite a few years ago. According to the Beam website, Bookers was first produced in 1988 as Booker's True Barrel. My bottle lot number is C-8-16-79, no. 05372. Does anyone know if this refers to a date or is it just a number? I'm sure this bottle was purchased before 1988. Any help would be greatly appreciated! confused.gif

For one or two years before Booker's was available in the marketplace, it was used by the Jim Beam folks as a business gift for customers and suppliers. However, I'm sure it wasn't available in 1979. I had some in 87, in Louisville, at the Bristol and they were one of the first bars to have it.

I would think the date refers to the date it was put into the barrel, yours being August 16, 1979. That would put it as being bottled right around the 87-88 time period. Guess it was aged a little longer back then, my recent bottles are only about 7 years and a few months old...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.