The time is nigh for rye

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yup, I know a place in Dallas that still had THH on the shelf. I bet it's the ssme place O_O

I know of several. Just can't justify stockpiling more than the 4 I have!

Spoke with reps from Heaven Hill about 2 year ago at a whiskey event. At the time they said they increased rye distillation from once or twice a year a few years back to once a month. Ritt BiB should be more common in a near future.

Van winkle rye on the shelf? Last time I saw a bottle on the shelf I woke up before I could buy them all. :bigeyes:

I found two bottles on a shelf in Bumfuck, TX a few months back. God that was an epic day.

One of my favorite things is going into grungy liquor stores and checking for WT 101 rye. The other day here in San Francisco my friend and I saw a dusty old liquor store and stopped in. Two steps into the place an old asian guy pops his head out of the back and says, "bourbon?" Funny, but no WT 101 rye there...

One of my favorite things is going into grungy liquor stores and checking for WT 101 rye. The other day here in San Francisco my friend and I saw a dusty old liquor store and stopped in. Two steps into the place an old asian guy pops his head out of the back and says, "bourbon?" Funny, but no WT 101 rye there...

:slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

i take it you didn't see any dusties there, correct?

i've heard too many stories in grungy liquor stores about white guys coming in and buying up cases of old bourbon - you know you got there too late.

i take it you didn't see any dusties there, correct?

Nah, not there, but I found 3 bottles in a terrible convenience store where some really shady folk hang out and 2 bottles in another place that didn't even look like they sold liquor from the outside. Still looking for more though!

Nah, not there, but I found 3 bottles in a terrible convenience store where some really shady folk hang out and 2 bottles in another place that didn't even look like they sold liquor from the outside. Still looking for more though!

congrats! i'm happy that you're finding what you are looking for - that is an addictive feeling.

i found a couple of bottles at one store, 3 bottles at another store and then a couple of bottles at another store. guy asked me if i wanted to buy more - i said yes and he went into the back and brought out essentially a case. i asked about a discount and he gave me 10% off. i was a happy camper. secured a lifetime supply of the 101 rye.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.