Canadian Hirsh Bottle

leebo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saw a new bottle on the shelf the other day. 3 year old Hirsh, Canadian pot still, 45 percent. Did not purchase, anyone seen/ tasted it?

Haven't seen this, good catch. Pot still? Interesting.

Gary

I want some, I want some. They have a pot still that runs off malted rye at walkerville I think. I am pretty sure of it as I use some of the same rye they use. And I was told they use it as a flovoring whiskey.

• 1 month later...

I just saw this, as well. $40 a bottle, typical of the rip-off prices in DC. Anybody try this yet? I can't help but be perked up by a rye.

This is from Glenora Distillery on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Small batch, double distilled.... the second distillation in a pot still. Drinks as one would expect from a 3YO, 86PF rye.... Light, fruity, thin mouth feel and a pretty poor value given a targeted retail price of $37......

So they made a rye along with the malt they make? I take it they used the pot for both distilations then.

This is from Glenora Distillery on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Small batch, double distilled.... the second distillation in a pot still. Drinks as one would expect from a 3YO, 86PF rye.... Light, fruity, thin mouth feel and a pretty poor value given a targeted retail price of $37......

Do you know it's from Glenora? If so, how?

We know for a fact that the owners of the Hirsch brand have played fast and loose with the term "pot still" in the past, so it will take a lot to convince me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.