Woodford Rye.

Lazer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody had it yet? is it good? worth the investment? I'm not a fan of the regular WR but this is totally different. I'm not interested in buying it for a learning experience, I just want to drink a good whiskey. is this it?

Thanks Sku, I remember reading your blog before, that's why I didn't buy it when I saw it, but I wanted to know if there were other opinions out there, or this was the general consensus. Something called woodford rye should be awesome. I'll check out the comments section on your blog to see if there was any dissent.

Easily in the top 5 worst whiskeys I've ever had

And I've had Dant Olde Bourbon!

• 1 month later...

I was at TPS a few weeks ago and I was talking to some of the people who work there about various things regarding whiskey and the like. We were standing right next to a big shelf of woodford reserve, including some of the boxes of the MC Rye. They first mentioned that they both liked the one aged in a fresh barrel, but not so much the one in a used barrel. Having tried neither, I had no comment there. However, what was interesting is that one of them said that woodford was going to be releasing a permanent line extension rye sometime next year? Anyone else heard anything like this? Was he just making this up?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.