What rye are you enjoying Spring 2012?

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dipped into some vintage 21 last night. Damn fine stuff, probably one of my favorite ryes right behind VWFRR.

A bit of Knob Creek Rye to get my palate primed before we head out for Thai food.

Enjoying a pour of Willet 4 yr 110 Single Barrel Rye after an excellent meal and putting the boy to bed.

Enjoying a pour of Willet 4 yr 110 Single Barrel Rye after an excellent meal and putting the boy to bed.

Just picked up my 2nd bottle of the 4 year/110 Willett Rye yesterday. Man it is great stuff!

Drinking some baby Saz, once it is done that's it. I will switch to THH. It is much better.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I feel like we need a term for the debauched process of drinking way too much of an amazing whiskey in one night.

I might suggest the term: "AaronWF'd."

As in: "Oh, man, Bob opened that bottle of VVOF the other night. At first he was sipping small pours but they kept getting progressively larger such that when he woke up the next morning, he realized that he totally AaronWF'd that bottle. So he's been on eBay obsessively looking for another ..."

Keep in mind, this is not a pejorative term -- it's an honorable term. To have AWF'd a bottle is to have drunk deeply, soulfully, and well.

I plan to AWF -- with AWF -- some serious shit in a few weeks at my wedding. A Willett 24 rye comes to mind!

Well there are certainly worse practices of which to have a term coined in your honor. Thanks for the nod!

Really enjoying the Willett 5YO rye that is drinking IMO extremely well. Paired a bit up with Bernheim Red cap for a very refreshing rye and ginger..

Just poured a HW21 rocky mtn rye after a long day at work. Already planning my next pour since tomorrow looks even longer.

Just cracked open a bottle of Saz 18. Judging by previous comments I better drink this fast :lol:

We almost killed my new bottle of High West Rendezvous at a BBQ yesterday. I didn't think it would be that popular, honestly. After the first pour went so quickly, I was happy that people liked it. After everyone took a hearty second pour, I thought, "Well, now I know what to get these guys for presents." After the third pours went around, and people were getting a little too rowdy, I hid the bottle. :bigeyes:

All of this is a testament to how smooth, delicious, and drinkable this juice is. Very impressed at how much it improved after being open for a few weeks. At first open I didn't like it that much, due to a pronounced "fresh mown grass" nose, but now it's just sublime. Definitely going to pick up another bottle.

I broke into a bottle of the Leopold's Maryland style rye after reading some comments on here. I have to agree with the other tasters- this is a nice pour, smooth, but with a unique character. looking forward to trying it in some cocktails.

Started out with some Willett CS 5yr, then some Baby Saz, and finishing up with some HW Son of Bourye. The Saz tastes bland compared to the other 2.

Not much of a high-roller here. Been enjoying my first bottle of Bulleit Rye. Pretty interesting stuff!

Also like the new Knob Creek rye. A good stand-in for the Wild Turkey 101 rye.

Not much of a high-roller here. Been enjoying my first bottle of Bulleit Rye. Pretty interesting stuff!

Also like the new Knob Creek rye. A good stand-in for the Wild Turkey 101 rye.

I tried the Bulleit rye a few times and it always seems to have very forward mint notes... are you seeing the big mint in the bottle you have?

Just poured a HW21 rocky mtn rye after a long day at work. Already planning my next pour since tomorrow looks even longer.

Any more of these long-@$$ days and I won't have any HW21 left to drink!!!:bigeyes:

For my birthday my wife presented me with a 2011 Handy that she's bought and his last year. It's a little bitter up front but some time in the glass has definitely mellowed it a bit and it's getting round and mellow. Huge flavors in there, too.

Time for another pour.

Cheers!

Just trying the Woodinville Whiskey Co rye release. @ 92 proof it is very smooth and a bit more forward and bold in flavors than the Sazarac but not as much as the Handy (obviously) All in all a very enjoyable pour.

Sitting on the porch with a nice glass of HW Rendezvous Rye. Love the HW product line but I may have to pour my SB blend next!:cool:

Continuing to love on the KC Rye, tonight. Big and spicy. This ain't no regular Beam Rye. Is it a bump in age? Is it the bump in proof? I don't know, but whatever it is, it works for me. This is a terrific rye.

I found some Willett straight rye. This time it's 3 year old, 110 proof. The 3 year has a bit less of the apricot taste and thick mouthfeel (compared to the 2 year old I had before). These are all numbered single barrel releases, so they are similar, but not exactly the same. Barrel proof rye is hard to beat.

LIttle Saz Jr. to wind down the evening. THis would be one of my favorite everyday pours it is was more readily available. But, that's the reason to put away when the going is good on this.

B

Big and spicy is great news and a step in a different direction compared to the other rye swill they have produced. Did Beam finally gets its act together, or are they sourcing this stuff?

Just finished a pour of HW 21yr on a nice rainy prelude to the deluge to come....hopefully.:cool: Ultra-aged ryes are known to fall off a bit after opening but, this bottle has gotten better.

Big and spicy is great news and a step in a different direction compared to the other rye swill they have produced. Did Beam finally gets its act together, or are they sourcing this stuff?

To me, the KC Rye is a quantum leap forward for Beam in their ryes. And, there is no reason to think that this is not Beam produced whiskey. This rye is definitely on my "Best Whiskey Event of 2012" short-list.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!