Sign in to follow this  
2highcal

Woodinville Whiskey Co

2highcal

They are releasing their rye on April 14 I am pretty flush with rye at this point in time but may have to go and pick up a bottle.

CaptainQ
They are releasing their rye on April 14 I am pretty flush with rye at this point in time but may have to go and pick up a bottle.

I will be there patiently awaiting the rye. :grin:

tyerod

I don't remember how I originally found out about Woodinville but I was right after the rye was released. Being in Denver I was chagrin to find out it was only available in WA. Luckily I had a friend heading out that way and got a bottle of the rye and bourbon smuggled back to CO. I definitely enjoy the hell out of the rye. I'll be heading that way this summer and am planning on stopping in for a visit. I just have to figure if I should ship my bottles home or smuggle them into then back out of Canada.

squire

How about some tasting notes.

HighInTheMtns
I don't remember how I originally found out about Woodinville but I was right after the rye was released. Being in Denver I was chagrin to find out it was only available in WA. Luckily I had a friend heading out that way and got a bottle of the rye and bourbon smuggled back to CO. I definitely enjoy the hell out of the rye. I'll be heading that way this summer and am planning on stopping in for a visit. I just have to figure if I should ship my bottles home or smuggle them into then back out of Canada.

It's not really smuggling. You can bring a couple liters across the border and back duty free. If you want to bring more than the limit you just have to pay a duty of a few dollars.

tyerod

My impatience limits my ability for tasting notes, that and a nose that doesn't always work well but I'll never learn if I don't try so. The first thought with a fresh pour is buttery followed quickly by cherry. The middle I still can't put a name to but it fades to a leathery finish. Since I know I can have more soon I will take the savor setting off this bottle and pour it more often. I really need to devote more time to developing my tasting abilities. As far as bringing bottles through Canada I am thinking at least two or three but since they are just spending the week and not being consumed up there I don't want to pay even a small duty to drive them around