Tequila Forum

Max Power

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Tonight's sipper. Cheers all!

Any good? Available in the UK? Options in the UK for me so far haven't been particularly good.

10 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Any good? Available in the UK? Options in the UK for me so far haven't been particularly good.

It's less agave heavy than I was expecting but still very good. 

I picked it up from TWE, they seem to have a good selection. 

• I like it 1

I finished off 2 bottles of ExA tequila tonight (well, Monday night and tonight). The J.C. Reserva I think is 2014 or 2015. It’s good, but nothing that made me go buy another bottle. The Sueno de Atzo is very unique. Has a cotton candy taste that is quite good. I really enjoyed this bottle. 
51416C67-CBA3-4DC5-9A6A-769875DC8055.thumb.jpeg.f3d4cdf8c24598e200110aec16431a29.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm going to Cozumel in a few weeks, and wondered if tequilas like G4 Extra Anejo 55, El Tesoro Paradiso, El Tesora Extra Anejo, 123 Organic Extra Anejo Diablito, Don Pilar Extra Anejo, Tears of Llorona, Tapatio Excelencia, Fuentesca Extra Anejo, and Alquimia Extra Anejo XIV are usually available there?  If so, what stores there, or in Playa Del Carmen would probably have it?

On 1/24/2020 at 8:57 AM, briankeith513 said:

Hello,

I'm going to Cozumel in a few weeks, and wondered if tequilas like G4 Extra Anejo 55, El Tesoro Paradiso, El Tesora Extra Anejo, 123 Organic Extra Anejo Diablito, Don Pilar Extra Anejo, Tears of Llorona, Tapatio Excelencia, Fuentesca Extra Anejo, and Alquimia Extra Anejo XIV are usually available there?  If so, what stores there, or in Playa Del Carmen would probably have it?

Haven't been so I don't know but would be interested to hear what you find down there! Pay attention to the label though because bottles sold in Mexico are sometimes bottled at 70 proof rather than the minimum of 80 proof typically required for sale in the US.

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You aren’t giving up on bourbon are you Dave? :mellow:

Biba! Joe

On 3/7/2020 at 3:26 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

You aren’t giving up on bourbon are you Dave? :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Not completely, Joe, there's too much bourbon in the bunker to be giving up on it!

That said, there's less and less out there on our shelves that appeals these days, lots of NAS and craft brands at not great value (and the decent stuff is limited or prices heading north like Blanton's), so it's been refreshing to find a new interest of late, and reasonably priced too! 

Cheers :) 

• I like it 4

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to work on some open bottles.  I had Exotico Tequila in the back of the cabinet.  It is a nice change of pace.  The label could look silly to some, but it's 100% agave reposado. ?

• I like it 1

Had a little sbs with Villa Lobos blanco and reposado last night. Both quite light in terms of agave, but both rather enjoyable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well it'd be rude not to...

Interesting one this. Notes of chocolate, vanilla, ice cream, wax, irish coffee, spices, some agave. Lots going on. 

20200505_215416.jpg

17 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Time to pour something other than bourbon. 

B5CD49F5-0109-4879-BFFE-6B7D846F19F6.jpeg

My favorite tequila.  ?

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

My favorite tequila.  ?

It is definitely the best Reposado I have had, and one of my three favorite tequilas.

Clase Azul Reposado is one of my favorites too, however I got to taste Cincoro Reposado and Anejo recently, and they probably rank above Clase Azul...just as expensive too. Probably one of the best bang for the buck tequilas that I’m aware of is Cazadores Extra Anejo. 

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Time to pour something other than bourbon. 

B5CD49F5-0109-4879-BFFE-6B7D846F19F6.jpeg

It is a pretty but there is too much sugar added for my taste, especially given the cost these days (north of $100 in my area). Well, any sugar is too much for me in tequila (But I am that way for any distilled spirit to be honest). I tend to seek out those tequilas that reported to not even use the 1% of additives they are allowed to add if I can find them.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:58 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

It is a pretty but there is too much sugar added for my taste, especially given the cost these days (north of $100 in my area). Well, any sugar is too much for me in tequila (But I am that way for any distilled spirit to be honest). I tend to seek out those tequilas that reported to not even use the 1% of additives they are allowed to add if I can find them.

While on the subject, do you know of any resources that list tequilas with additives confirmed and not the other way around?

On 5/10/2020 at 8:14 PM, Kane said:

While on the subject, do you know of any resources that list tequilas with additives confirmed and not the other way around?

Don't know of any offhand. I have used this site for information on ones thought not to have additives. Most sites as you probably know just list the ones that, as best they can tell, are completely additive free, including the 1% that is apparently technical legal and highly deceptive as far as I am concerned. Caramel is bad enough but sugar, glycerin and oak extract are unacceptable to me and I no longer by a brand that won't say they are additive free (not that I am buying much tequila these days. I have plenty as it is!). 

• I like it 1