Tequila Forum

Max Power

18 hours ago, beasled said:

My experience of Sotol so far is with Clande and Flor Del Desierto, haven't had Hacienda, but they have been closer to mezcal than tequila (I am aware that tequila is a type of mezcal!), so I would say that if you're more a fan of tequila than mezcal then it's likely that sotol will be less your thing. 

I like both and I have far more experience with mezcal… but this tastes nothing like that. I should try another bottle. 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

I like both and I have far more experience with mezcal… but this tastes nothing like that. I should try another bottle. 

I should try the Hacienda too, I'm curious! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is kinda cheating but I was tired, and it is a tequila mixed drink in a bottle. After working outside in my yard most of the past 3 days, gave myself a little break after 2pm today and went in the pool, then the hot tub, then back and forth for a couple hours before dinner. Wanted to drink something cold, a little sweet, and cold. Grabbed a patio safe cup and filled it with ice and then this margarita mix with tequila included. Refilled a couple times and drained this previously unopened bottle. Hit he spot.

D86F5E48-A297-41D4-8D97-DBE95E02117D.thumb.jpeg.d285b7527f5ca3fd6b4e74c7170ff446.jpeg

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Would anyone know what Curado tequilas really are

I read an article by thrillist saying they were flavoured tequila but i do not think so.....

Could anyone confirm, please?

12 hours ago, perfection said:

Hi

Would anyone know what Curado tequilas really are

I read an article by thrillist saying they were flavoured tequila but i do not think so.....

Could anyone confirm, please?

This was a new one on me.

I looked up the company that makes these.  According to the site, they take blanco (unaged) Tequila and add cooked agave to it.  So yes, I would say it's flavored Tequila.  The company has several versions flavored with different species of agave.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been enjoying some Calle 23 blanco this evening. Lots of roasted agave notes, black pepper, a touch of menthol, maybe even some coffee notes, its very complex but very tasty.

20210616_212659.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 10:00 AM, beasled said:

It was an interesting sbs actually because before I'd thought  they were quite similar, but having them sbs I found that the Pasote was lighter and more mellow than the G4, which had heavier agave and more peppery notes going on. 

They're both excellent but if I could only have one I'd spring for the G4 before the Pasote (though the latter wins on the bottle design). 

If you really want to up your game you need the G4 blanco at 108 proof. Has juicy agave flavor just exploding out of the bottle. And overproof tequila is so rare as it is. Currently my favorite tequila pour.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

If you really want to up your game you need the G4 blanco at 108 proof. Has juicy agave flavor just exploding out of the bottle. And overproof tequila is so rare as it is. Currently my favorite tequila pour.

Alas, something else not available over here either. We do get the Terralta 110 blanco, and the 110 Extra Anejo. I have a bottle of the former as yet unopened. We also get the Tapatio 110, that's awesome. 

All this talk of high proof tequila made me want one of my favorites. 
D427453A-817A-4C7B-8896-DA2476EDEFDC.thumb.jpeg.8152463c699951cbf35b9be5a823b0fe.jpegE821BBEA-4330-4DF1-BDFA-D34BC73BB00D.thumb.jpeg.89304120d0ec64328b892b2a4d1b02ac.jpeg

Very good. 

• I like it 3

National Tequila Day calls for a pour of Tears of Llorona 3. Probably my favorite tequila, and is a great one to relax with after playing in a fun golf tournament this morning. 

• I like it 2

Ha, what a great name.  I recall the folktale of la Llorona - used to scare children.  It's like a female version of the boogie man. 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I tried a new on for me - Lunazul Reposado.

It's a 100% agave budget brand.  First impression, nothing wrong with it.  It seems the most middle of the road reposado, nothing unusual at all.  Meets all the basic Tequila requirements.  If you need an inexpensive bottle for margaritas or to take to a party, here you go.  You could drink it straight, but not much excitement for the connoisseur.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this as a wedding gift-- considering renewing my own vows instead.

IMG_6558.thumb.jpg.24683a91eb6914d873ca3d4394ed3ad8.jpg

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Bought this as a wedding gift-- considering renewing my own vows instead.

IMG_6558.thumb.jpg.24683a91eb6914d873ca3d4394ed3ad8.jpg

HEEHEEHEE!!!!  Good one.  

• 1 month later...

A while back, I tried a bunch of repo Tequilas that were new to me.  Winner was Rancho Allegre.  I'm having a pour, and getting a white chocolate note in there this time - nice.  And, it comes in my favorite bottle size 1L. 🇲🇽

I misspelled, it's alegre, only one l.  Maybe I was too alegre at the time.  Also not practicing the Spanish much lately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 11:57 PM, PaulO said:

I misspelled, it's alegre, only one l.  Maybe I was too alegre at the time.  Also not practicing the Spanish much lately.

Not tried the repo but the blanco seemed rather rough on the finish. Good price especially for a liter bottle and probably works as a mixer but not one I would want on its own. Which is probably why I didn't give the repo a try.

• 1 month later...

In the mood for something different, so got out the Rancho Alegre.  

Here's something unusual I noticed with the packaging.  The bottle is glass with a plastic screw cap.  The cap screws onto clear plastic threads, like a short plastic tube, inserted into the neck of the bottle.  First time I've seen that. 🤔

The Tequila is still tasty.

Generally, I've found the reposado version of a given brand appeal to me much more than the blanco, if I have the option.

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, beasled said:

G4 seems to be drying up on these shores. This was yummy. 

20211222_222959.jpg

G4 makes a 108 pf blanco that I quite enjoy. At 80 pf most tequila might as well be odd tasting tea to me. To be honest tea in general is odd tasting to me.

Unfortunately it is not available locally but I sometimes find it when travelling in states with better selection/distribution than Georgia. Which covers a lot of places given how stagnant/backward Georgia is...

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

G4 makes a 108 pf blanco that I quite enjoy. At 80 pf most tequila might as well be odd tasting tea to me. To be honest tea in general is odd tasting to me.

Unfortunately it is not available locally but I sometimes find it when travelling in states with better selection/distribution than Georgia. Which covers a lot of places given how stagnant/backward Georgia is...

We've not had the 108 Blanco on these shores as yet. We've had the Terralta 110 which is excellent.

I don't mind 80 proof stuff, it's a nice easy sipping change from higher proof stuff, but would be nice if more was bottled 90 proof and above like the Fortaleza Still Strength. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time to bump the Tequila thread.

I had wanted to try Cabrito Reposado ever since I learned it is the #1 100% agave Tequila in Mexico.  I was surprised to find it in an out of the way place in Indy.  The big stores that have almost everything don't carry it.

Anyway, it's good, but not exceptional.  It has all the flavors to expect in Tequila, well balanced, no rough edges, or off notes.  I'd buy it again.

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just killed this one. My first bottle and first taste of Milagro. It was a pleasant daily drinker. 

313F3402-14BF-44E5-A7AE-C18A529E1E88.jpeg

• I like it 1