WhistlePig Rye 12 Year

c2walker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great find! This is one I look forward to trying. Does anyone know if they barreled all of their first sourced whiskey? I ask because I wonder if this is new sourced stuff, or the first release left in barrels for a couple more years. The timing on the second thought would seem to make sense.

There was some general discussion about it following the Whiskyfest weekend in the Knob Creek rye thread too. Nice cola observation c2walker:

It was mentioned to me by my favorite whiskey mongers it won't be out till September or so...a new Whistle Pig release may be coming too.
... I intended to mean more Whistle Pig is being released. Whether its from their original acquisition of barrels or whether they have now acquired additional barrels...I don't know other than it was related their sourcing is secure ...
I saw Dave Pickerell at WhiskeyFest, pouring WhistlePig. I had heard that the whole deal with he and his partner had blown up. He said they have changed their relationship, but Dave is still very much in the picture. I asked if they have an ongoing supply of the WhistlePig whiskey (a 100% rye from Canada) and he said that, yes, there is whiskey in the pipeline and it is now a contract production arrangement. He's also working on some other products made on this side of the border.

So, is Raj out of the partnership?
What I know is what I said. Ask Dave.

Thanks for the good info guys. Now that my brain is stuffed with all this new Whistlepig knowledge, I now need to stuff my belly with the 12-year-old whiskey.

Glad to hear this is on the horizon. I thoroughly enjoyed my two bottles of WP and plan to continue seeking out Mr. Pickerell's products.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.