Pappy Van Winkle Cigars

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A couple of nights ago the opportunity presented itself to sample one of Julian's Pappy Van Winkle cigars. It was a wonderful smoke that paired extremely well with a glass of ORVW 10yo 107 proof bourbon.

The cigars came boxed in an attractive cedar slide-top box with a PVW 20yo bourbon label on the lid. The cigars are wrapped in cellophane and are sporting a very familiar-looking cigar band. They are a double corona in size with Dominican fillers and binders and a dark Sumatran wrapper.

My Pappy lit easily and burned evenly throughout the life of the smoke. The draw on this baby was so effortless, it almost smoked itself. Lots of beautiful blue smoke puts you in a sort of dreamy state as you partake of this leaf. The first third of my smoke had a smooth and unassuming woodsy taste. The time in cedar has definately had an influence on the flavor. But just as I was becoming content with this one, the flavor really opened up about half-way through. A lite pepperiness with hints of esspresso and smoked meat made for a very tasty herf. The wood and smoke notes of the cigar and the vanilla-barrel-caramel notes of the bourbon made for a very tasty treat.Would probably go well with a good strong cup of coffee. Two thumbs up!

Pappy Van Winkle cigars are available directly from Julian and come boxed in a three-pack for $25 or a box of 25 for $125. Buy some, you won't be dissappointed. bandit.gif

post-134-14489811185149_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the review on these cigars Jeff, and for posting a pic. I am not a cigar smoker, but have been tempted to try these for a long time. I just may find myself now laying out the $25. smoke.gifsmile.gif

I should probably add that these are not bourbon-flavored cigars, but they are cigars flavored to smoke with bourbon! toast.gifbandit.gif

Jeff,

Glad to see you finally coralled some of these fine cigars. I agree with your assessment. Starts out light and gets richer and heartier as you smoke. I suggest you try with the 13Y/O Rye. bandit.gif

I'd still like to share.

Ed

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.