"Made and Bottled in Kentucky" now on DVD

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My Bourbon documentary, "Made and Bottled in Kentucky," is now available on DVD.

Digitally converted from the original broadcast master tape, the DVD edition of “Made and Bottled in Kentucky†looks and sounds better than ever before, delivering visual and sound quality no VHS tape can match.

If I do say so myself, this 1992, one-hour documentary is still the definitive account of the story of Bourbon Whiskey, our unique American spirit. It reveals the history of bourbon, shows how the whiskey is made, tours most of the major distilleries, and introduces you to top distillers and other industry leaders.

The new DVD edition of “Made and Bottled in Kentucky†is just $26.00 plus $2.00 shipping and handling, $28.00 total. You can order it online using a credit card, or by sending a check (payable to Made and Bottle in Kentucky) to Made and Bottled in Kentucky, PMB 298, 3712 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60613-4198. Of course, the VHS tape version is still available too, $19.95 plus $3.50 shipping and handling, $23.45 total.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The DVD edition of “Made and Bottled in Kentucky†is a DVD-R disc. If you purchased your DVD player in 1999 or since, it probably is DVD-R compatible. Go to this web site for a DVD-R compatibility list. If you purchase the DVD edition of “Made and Bottled in Kentucky†and it doesn’t play satisfactorily on your equipment, return it for a full refund.

img50.gif

Chuck,

Do you offer any special incentive to those of us who already have (and love) the VHS version? Perhaps some extra footage, an extension to one's subscription to The Bourbon Country Reader (or a free volume of back issues), or an autographed photo of the producer? grin.gif

Seriously, some producers of musical instruction videos have offered upgrades at less than the list price of the new DVD, just to assuage the feelings of those who bought the VHS version just before the DVD came out.

Thanks for the info about the DVD-R issue. I am illiterate regarding DVD technology.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Due to the small quantities involved, plus the cost of the initial digitization, the DVD is costing me quite a bit more than the tape. Even with the slightly higher price, my margin is significantly less. It just seemed timely to make such a thing available. But an autographed picture? Hey, no problem.

I hadn't thought the matter through from your business perspective. I had thoughtlessly assumed that you would be selling thousands of them, putting you in the same ballpark as, let's say, Homespun Music, which adopted some special incentives when they first introduced DVDs a year or so ago.

Even if I don't spring for the DVD right away, it's good to know that when my VHS tape starts to degrade, the new, improved, DVD version will be available as a replacement.

Regardless of the media, I envy those folks who are about to order it and view it for the first time. There's nothing like the first time, right? grin.gif (Folks, I've never been to bourbon country, but watching "Made and Bottled in Kentucky" makes me feel as though I'm there.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.