A. H. Hirsch ebook now available.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night, I published The Best Bourbon You'll Never Taste, The True Story Of A. H. Hirsch Reserve Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Distilled In The Spring Of 1974, as an ebook for Kindle and Nook. It just so happens that the Nook version went live first, although the Kindle version should be live very soon (within the next 24 hours). Suggested price is $7.99.

You can get the Nook (Barnes & Noble) version here.

This ebook is the result of spending several years tracking now the real story behind this iconic bourbon, and many members here helped. Although the title is meant to be provocative, many people here have tasted Hirsch. There was, in fact, a bottle of the 16-year-old gold capsule on the gazebo table just this past weekend and I saw many bottles of the various expressions at an undisclosed location.

This ebook is much more substantial than Small Barrels was.

You don't need a Kindle or Nook to read an ebook. You can download a free reader for PCs and smart phones, or you can just read it using your web browser. Kindle seems to be compatible with every platform except Nook and Nook seems to be compatible with every platform except Kindle.

Chuck - looks like a great story. Congrats on getting this out.

As far a ebook formats goes, I only use the open source format .epub. Epub books can be read on everything except the Kindle, which is a good enough reason for me to never buy a Kindle. And if you have large ebook library, I suggest checking out the free program - http://calibre-ebook.com/

Chuck - looks like a great story. Congrats on getting this out.

As far a ebook formats goes, I only use the open source format .epub. Epub books can be read on everything except the Kindle, which is a good enough reason for me to never buy a Kindle. And if you have large ebook library, I suggest checking out the free program - http://calibre-ebook.com/

Nook is epub format and Nook books can, indeed, be read on everything but the Kindle.

I guess it's a good time for me to put that Kindle to use that I (:bigeyes:) asked for and got for Christmas.

Will this be available as normal book as well ?

Steffen

Not yet. Maybe. There is, however, a Denmark Kindle store.

Just finished it. Great tale. Great read. I was telling my wife that about 6 or so years ago, when this obsession was just getting a foothold, i used to see the A.H. Hirsch everywhere but couldn't justify paying 89 bucks for a bottle of whiskey...you know those days where you wish you could get a 'do over'...

Any luck on getting it in the iTunes store yet Chuck?

And the 16yr gold capsule at the Sampler was mighty tasty! Not sure who brought it but thank you! :D

And the 16yr gold capsule at the Sampler was mighty tasty! Not sure who brought it but thank you! :D

I read it on my ipad with the Kindle app.

I've looked into the itunes store and it's much more complicated than Kindle or Nook. I'll see what I can do.

I believe your fellow Hoosier, but still a Badger :grin: , Jon, was the culprit. The real deal too unlike the bottle at KBF.

I believe your fellow Hoosier, but still a Badger :grin: , Jon, was the culprit. The real deal too unlike the bottle at KBF.

One of the weekend nights a half full red wax 20 year Hirsch mysteriously appeared on the gazebo table. No one was seen putting it out or acknowledging to be the benefactor so that was the first indication something wasn't kosher. Murmurs of its suspect taste and no way this is Hirsch quickly followed. I didn't pay much attention after so I presume the bourbon prankster remains hidden among us.

• 3 weeks later...

Great book.

It was easy to get it to work on Amazon Kindle and after a bit of work I got it to work on my Samsung Galaxy as well with the free app. I think my problems were mainly due to the Amazon site I purchased on was american and there were some issues as they wouldn't let me downloads apps VIA amazon to europe. Then I just found an amazon kindle app on a european/some other place I allready forgot it, and then it worked

I wrote a review here

http://danishwhiskyblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/can-whiskybook-be-page-turner.html

Regards Steffen

Downloaded the free Kindle app for my iPad, then bought the ebook through Amazon. Worked like a charm, am reading it now on my iPad. Only a dozen or so pages into it, but can tell already it's going to be a great read and well worth the price.

Thanks, guys. Please keep spreading the word. The book is a little hard to describe because, as I'm sure you'll agree, it's so much more than just the Hirsch story or just the Michter's story. It's the whole American whiskey story in microcosm.

Is this book only going to cost me $7.99, or is it going to cost me $7.99 plus however much it costs to get a bottle of Hirsch, because after reading it I won't be able to stand not trying it? That is more of a rhetorical question for myself than for anyone else to answer. :grin:

Chuck I really like the title, even though I've tasted it it still makes me want to buy the ebook! Nice effort Chuck, I look forward to reading it.

Near the end of the book, I explain why you can still feel good about yourself, even if you never taste it. I can't say how persuasive it is, but I tried.

I downloaded it to my kindle. I really loved the story. I posted it on facebook. Thanks for the book!

Scott

Near the end of the book, I explain why you can still feel good about yourself, even if you never taste it. I can't say how persuasive it is, but I tried.

It was a nice way to end the story, but it didn't make my mouth stop watering!

Just purchased the book and downloaded it through my Kindle app on my iPhone (even though I was really hoping Chuck would be able to get it into the iTunes Store but it's a little more involved than anticipated).

Looking forward to reading it Chuck!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.