Interesting Finds

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was out and about today doing some shopping with my wife and son. On the way home, we saw an estate sale a couple of blocks away. We decided to stop and take a look. Glad we did. My son found a really nice poker table for his basement. Good price too. He got it for $30.

Now for my finds. The lady that owned the house was 94 years old when she passed away a few months ago. Her nieces were running the estate sale, and they told me their aunt had worked for a local liquor distributor. :bigeyes: I purchased a set of six Kentucky Tavern glasses, a set of five Yellowstone glasses, and a really cool "Old Croak" antique standup ashtray. My haul cost me $20. :grin: The Kentucky Tavern glasses were still in the original box. The stamps on the box were from 1967 and 1968. I assume the Yellowstone glasses were probably from that era too.

Check out the pics below. Cheers!

post-3455-14489817903743_thumb.jpeg

post-3455-14489817904006_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489817904234_thumb.jpeg

post-3455-14489817904471_thumb.jpg

post-3455-14489817904696_thumb.jpeg

post-3455-14489817904925_thumb.jpeg

I was out and about today doing some shopping with my wife and son. On the way home, we saw an estate sale a couple of blocks away. We decided to stop and take a look. Glad we did. My son found a really nice poker table for his basement. Good price too. He got it for $30.

Now for my finds. The lady that owned the house was 94 years old when she passed away a few months ago. Her nieces were running the estate sale, and they told me their aunt had worked for a local liquor distributor. :bigeyes: I purchased a set of six Kentucky Tavern glasses, a set of five Yellowstone glasses, and a really cool "Old Croak" antique standup ashtray. My haul cost me $20. :grin: The Kentucky Tavern glasses were still in the original box. The stamps on the box were from 1967 and 1968. I assume the Yellowstone glasses were probably from that era too.

Check out the pics below. Cheers!

Wow, Joe. Very cool! And you can't beat the price you paid for all the stuff. I plan to hit lots of estate sales this summer and hope to find a few treasures along the way.

The Ashtray is hillarious. Old Croak bottled by U.R. Stiff. :lol:

Damn you beat me to it.

Hey Joe I think you and that ashtray were meant for each other! :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.