Rotating glasses

Luna56
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been favoring a crystal Glencairn lately but last night I rediscovered an old fave; it's a small rocks glass with a little Mt. Fuji in the base. I have two of these and one is "frosted" on Fuji's peak. The way the whiskey is reflected around the base of the mountain is very cool.

Here's a crappy iPhone photo, hope it illustrates sufficiently.

Cheers!

PS- shit! Sorry about the rotated photo. Not the glass rotation I was referring to.:grin:

post-2413-14489817957631_thumb.jpg

Cool glass, Luna. I always keep an eye out for stuff like that. I got a few glasses, but nothing near that cool. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Yeah, the cool factor is way up there. I took more photos, maybe I'll try to post them. In one photo it looks like it's about to start raining Handy!

Only my special buddies get to drink from this one.

I wish glass makers would do more cool stuff like this. Maybe they already are. But the Fuji glass is hard to top.

Kirin sold these for awhile so I'm told and I'd love to get some more. I've seen a couple in Japan at a hotel bar near Mt. Fuji but the bartender wouldn't sell them to me. A friend found this one and another and sent them to me. So there's sentimental value as well. Lotsa mojo in the glass even while empty!

Cheers!

Yeah, the cool factor is way up there. I took more photos, maybe I'll try to post them. In one photo it looks like it's about to start raining Handy!

Only my special buddies get to drink from this one.

I wish glass makers would do more cool stuff like this. Maybe they already are. But the Fuji glass is hard to top.

Kirin sold these for awhile so I'm told and I'd love to get some more. I've seen a couple in Japan at a hotel bar near Mt. Fuji but the bartender wouldn't sell them to me. A friend found this one and another and sent them to me. So there's sentimental value as well. Lotsa mojo in the glass even while empty!

Cheers!

Wow. That really is cool! Now you've got me thinking about hunting down one for myself. I've got a few friends in Japan who'll have to be commissioned to keep on the lookout. Sadly, I recently broke a favorite beer glass from a long-defunct brewery here in Chicago. All the times I drank out of it while well-oiled and not a scratch, only to drop it while doing dishes. Bummer!:shocked:

Love that glass! Where did you find it?

The first one I saw was in a hotel bar near Mt. Fuji a few years ago. I made a big deal about it but the bartender wouldn't sell it. A friend who was with me that night made it a mission to find one for me and located two, brand new in boxes! The one in the photo is the cooler of the two. The other one is identical except for lacking the frosted texture that gives the appearance of snow.

They are very cool and I hope our friends in Japan will keep eyes open for more!:cool:

Cheers!

The first one I saw was in a hotel bar near Mt. Fuji a few years ago. I made a big deal about it but the bartender wouldn't sell it. A friend who was with me that night made it a mission to find one for me and located two, brand new in boxes! The one in the photo is the cooler of the two. The other one is identical except for lacking the frosted texture that gives the appearance of snow.

They are very cool and I hope our friends in Japan will keep eyes open for more!:cool:

Cheers!

Geez, what kinda bartender is that? Edo-san, get to work!:grin:

Very nice! Most souvenir glasses I see are too gimmicky or just stupid looking. That one is simple and very cool.

Cool. Heaven above Mt. Fuji and it is your choice which heaven you desire. :grin:

Wow, the photo of the guy holding the glass in front of Mt. Fuji is fantastic. The glass in the photo appears to be one of the unfrosted ones.

We all need to to harass Edo incessantly until he produces a few cases of these glasses for us.:grin:

Cheers!

Wow, the photo of the guy holding the glass in front of Mt. Fuji is fantastic. The glass in the photo appears to be one of the unfrosted ones.

We all need to to harass Edo incessantly until he produces a few cases of these glasses for us.:grin:

Cheers!

Agreed.... I want one!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.