How Did You Break Your Glencairn Today Thread

LikeItWasSodaPop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Glassware is delicate. And these glasses are small. My fiancee has broken a good 6 or so in the year I've been active on the site. She even bought me a 6 pack of Glencairns as a b-day present as a testament to her awesomeness and also as an acknowledgement of her glass breaking skills.

These glasses break easy.

Last night my cat ran across the table and kicked a BMH 23 / Saz 18 vatting off the table and shattered the glass in the process.

Anyway, here's to future Glencairn shattering. Bare feet watch out!

Damn, glad you got a case of Glencairns. With a cat around, sounds like you're gonna be ordering another case real soon.:grin:

Hang in there.

Cheers!

I have found mine to be rather resilient. Luckily I haven't broken any. Wine glasses, on the other hand, are an endangered species in my house.

I threw mine at the TV when I heard Obama blame the current budget deficit on Bush.

Joe :usflag:

The last one I broke was in my pocket and I shut Rod's car door on it at the Sampler.

I've been lucky. I still have all four that I bought, and use the same one each night (after it's been washed, of course). When that one breaks, I'll pull another one out of storage.

Do y'all not have significant others? My fiancee (wife come June 30) has broken at least 6 of them. Not kidding. I guess I thought this was a common thing.

Maybe the problem is I have 3-4 out on the counter on a given night.

I'm marrying a beautiful (bourbon-loving) klutz.

I haven't broken a Glencairn. But, I don't get all AWF'D up like Soda. :cool:

I have only broke one glenclairn it was at the gazebo in KY. I stood up to shake someones hand and bumped the table.

Had a roommate break one a few months back, but that is the only one of mine that has suffered such a fate... yet.

I've only had one broken glass... and my daughter broke it while doing dishes. Any future broken glasses will be my fault because no one will wash them anymore. :lol:

Luckily I haven't broken any.
I still have all four that I bought
I haven't broken a Glencairn.
I have only broke one glenclairn
Had a roommate break one a few months back, but that is the only one of mine that has suffered such a fate... yet.
I've only had one broken glass... and my daughter broke it while doing dishes.

Methinks you guys should be drinking more. A broken glass means...it's time for another. :cool:

I don't use glencairns. I use the Bulleit Bourbon, heavy bottom, thick rim glass. Those things are indestructible.

Just got my first 6 today, I will protect them (and their contents) with any means necessary.

I always thought the point about the Glencairn is its stability and practical indestructibility. Are you guys throwing these in the fireplace?

Now Reidel stemware is another problem entirely ...

Any future broken glasses will be my fault because no one will wash them anymore. :lol:

I broke a handful of drinking glasses in a move where they weren't packaged well, but that's been my only incident. Pint glasses are another story.

I have found mine to be rather resilient. Luckily I haven't broken any. Wine glasses, on the other hand, are an endangered species in my house.

Ditto on the wine glasses. I usualy break 'em while washing them.

I use Ridel bourbon glasses/snifters/and lowball glasses. I haven't broken a whiskey glass in a few years.

You guys must be hell on glasses.

I have a habit of talking with my hands and I've been known to knock my drink over when intoxicated. I've knocked over a reidel a couple times doing this but haven't broke one yet

My whole family (and many of my friends) talk with their hands... I don't like stemless wine glasses, so I stick with wineglasses by Libbey for the big family events...

My whiskey glasses are generally all short, wide and durable. It's just better that way. I have a Glencairn for tasting, but it spends most of its time hiding away from my tender mercies... :lol:

I have 4 GC's and none have broke. My wife once droped one on the kitchen floor and not a scratch. Wine glasses break, not GC's. Maybe your fiance thinks you drink too much. :skep:

So far I haven't broken any of the 4 I have. I wash them by hand very carefully. Two of the 4 are just plain ones that I wouldn't really mind too much if they broke. But the other two are special. One is from Laphroaig and the other is from BT with "Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery" etched into it.

• 2 months later...

I don't own any, but I opened a case at a local shop to grab a couple - of the 20 or so in the case, they were ALL broken. And this is a shop that deals in fragile things - Not sure how that happened. A sad day indeed.

I broke one the other day by closing the freezer door on it. Just cracked, didn't shatter. They're remarkably sturdy.

It's all Paul's fault. To quote Britney Spears. "Ooops he did it again..." :slappin:

• 2 weeks later...
It's all Paul's fault. To quote Britney Spears. "Ooops he did it again..." :slappin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.