Favorite Glass?

Clavius
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I usually go for my Glencarin glasses, but sometimes I use these 6oz juice glasses from Crate & Barrel.

post-9586-14489818776164_thumb.jpg

They are a nice size and weight, and a 2oz pour doesn't get lost. Plus, they're cheap, so I wouldn't care if I broke one.

Nick

I will almost always reach for my canadian glencairn glass. Sometimes, the standard glencairn, but not often

I rotate between 3... Canadian Glencairn, WT gift set glass, and Waterford. I use the the Glencairn for sipping ppremium whiskeys neat, the WT glass for up cocktails (especially sazeracs), and the crystal for whiskeys poured over the ice ball.

post-8999-14489818780954_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I really like the 1792 barrel shaped glasses..I also use the Buffalo Trace embossed glass and the Four Roses small glass.

I do not care for Glencarin. I like an old fashion glass. My big nose doesn't fit inside the glencarin.

i usually drink from glencairns but i like regular sized (6-8oz) OFs too.

• 2 months later...

at home i use glencains. I usually drink a 2 oz pour with a single 1" ice cube and I like nosing. I also have a set of four bulleit glasses they are interestingly oval shaped and have about the same volume as a glencairn. On the road i use whatever the hotel has

My favorite glass is filled with bourbon. :grin:

I have a glencarin style glass that I use occasionally when trying something new. In most cases, I just use a Buffalo Trace rocks glass. I pour neat or add a few cubes. I always try new bottles neat. Sometimes just a shot glass when trying something new. Pour, smell, taste. I will hold it on my tongue a short while and then no holds barred after I sample. My normal glass is a rocks glass even if no ice is added.

This is sort of like asking what is my favorite Bourbon, too many to name. I like my Glencairn's, I like my 4R gift glasses, I like my Glenfiddich and Glenlivet gift glasses, and I especially like my oversized and old JD shot glasses for a first time neet pour of something new

I have a prevailing favorite, but it's good to change it up. These are in rotation over the past several months:

post-5589-14489819648532_thumb.jpg

Left is the fave: found in a thrift store, looks like a Riedel mark on the foot. It, the snifter, and both rocks-style glasses are ~8oz capacity. In the background are a spirits glass from Crate & Barrel, and a Glencairn, both of which are infrequently used because I don't currently enjoy how they push my nose back when I take a sip.

[ATTACH]16356[/ATTACH]

This is definitely my favorite glass these days.

That's the one I use, without the engraving.

• 2 weeks later...
This idea is probably spot on.

But I do tend to use the Glencairn glasses more than anything else.

170px-Glencairn_Whisky_Glass.jpg

I do as well but I honestly think its because they are such good looking glasses. I've also got several small rocks glasses that my big cubes of ice barely fit in, I like those as well. Some Bourbons like the ECBP just beg for a big rocks glass for me though...

• 2 weeks later...
I do as well but I honestly think its because they are such good looking glasses. I've also got several small rocks glasses that my big cubes of ice barely fit in, I like those as well. Some Bourbons like the ECBP just beg for a big rocks glass for me though...

The Glencairn Canadian Whiskey Glass has the same basic nosing shape as the regular Glencairn but is big enough to hold a couple cubes. And it won't push your nose out of joint.

While i did grab a Glencairn based on all the feedback on SB.com, i also snagged a box of Bormioli Rocco Nadia Double Old Fashioned glasses for everyday pours. Just the right amount of weight in my hand.

Not my favorites per se, but I've been using the big-bottomed-tapered-to-the-top RR 1792 rocks glasses with much enjoyment, lately. Nice heft, but without being clunky. Sleek, actually. And, extremely versatile. Big enough for a cocktail, but it's tapered shape allows for superb neat sipping.

Not my favorites per se, but I've been using the big-bottomed-tapered-to-the-top RR 1792 rocks glasses with much enjoyment, lately. Nice heft, but without being clunky. Sleek, actually. And, extremely versatile. Big enough for a cocktail, but it's tapered shape allows for superb neat sipping.

As much as I like nosing bourbon in the glencairn glass, I really dislike the shape and design of it. It's base is made for someone with hands the size of a 6 year old and the opening on the top is maybe the size of a ping pong ball? I swear that one day I am going to knock it over while sitting on the back patio sipping on some Pappy 15. But, I still use it because I am a sucker for a good whiskey nose, but prefer drinking from a curved/tapered rocks glass.

That sounds similar to the glass I bought from the WT giftshop last year. I really like the weight and the narrow tapering around the upper-lip. The glass works great for Manhattens or neat, and I dont have to worry about the wind blowing it over when I sit on my front porch (not like a Glencarin is going to blow over, but you never know...).

I think the WT glasses (whether with the RB or WT graphics) are exactly the same as the 1792 glasses. I start out neat in a Glencairn before moving on to these rocks glasses. I, too, appreciate the heft and the taper that makes them suitable (almost) for nosing. They are definitely great for serious drinking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.