Favorite Glass?

Clavius
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

i find myself going to the rocks glasses most often as well. I like a 6-8oz rocks glass with a heavy thick bottom. I bought a set of nice 1940's cut crystal rocks glasses, but dammit if i havent already broken one. HH also gave us some nice rocks glasses of this size when we took one of the upper level tours last year, that have "elijah craig 18 years old" etched into them. snifters just feel weird to me.

saw this in an antiques shop today......"but I only had one drink", I thought.....post-10005-14489820596938_thumb.jpg

surely, it was meant to be some kind of bowl, but it is about a quart size and looks just like a huge rocks glass. I considered getting it just for the novelty of using it on games nights

post-10005-14489820596938_thumb.jpg

saw this in an antiques shop today......"but I only had one drink", I thought.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]17941[/ATTACH]

surely, it was meant to be some kind of bowl, but it is about a quart size and looks just like a huge rocks glass. I considered getting it just for the novelty of using it on games nights

Fail, you passed on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also getting tired of Glencairns. They are great if I'm tasting something new and really want to focus the nose, but I'm now using the small stemless wine glasses that SmokinJoe has turned me on to. I also have one of those Riedel whiskey glasses that I like.

Cognac glasses are always a good change of pace for whiskies. I'm tempted to try some of those NEAT glasses.

I'm also getting tired of Glencairns. They are great if I'm tasting something new and really want to focus the nose, but I'm now using the small stemless wine glasses that SmokinJoe has turned me on to. I also have one of those Riedel whiskey glasses that I like.

I've been drinking out of the glass that smokinjoe sent me quite a lot. Seems to be my preference over Glencairns these days as well.

I've been drinking out of the glass that smokinjoe sent me quite a lot. Seems to be my preference over Glencairns these days as well.

Jim, do you have a link to one online? I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, but just curious.

I have been switching back and forth between a regular glencairn, a widemouth glencairn, a port wine glass, and a simple rocks glass. All serve their respective purposes, but I find myself alternating mostly between the regular glencairn and the port glass. The rest sit lonely on the shelf.

Not my favorites per se, but I've been using the big-bottomed-tapered-to-the-top RR 1792 rocks glasses with much enjoyment, lately. Nice heft, but without being clunky. Sleek, actually. And, extremely versatile. Big enough for a cocktail, but it's tapered shape allows for superb neat sipping.
Edited by callmeox
No auction site links!!!!

Jim, do you have a link to one online? I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, but just curious.

I have been switching back and forth between a regular glencairn, a widemouth glencairn, a port wine glass, and a simple rocks glass. All serve their respective purposes, but I find myself alternating mostly between the regular glencairn and the port glass. The rest sit lonely on the shelf.

Nope... For all I know Joe got them from the goat.

forgot the no auction link thingy........

so, Joe, are these the ones youre talking about.....the RR1792 glasses? If so, they are Libbey Vibe glasses, and much cheaper if you get them plain

post-10005-14489820608162_thumb.jpg

post-10005-14489820608162_thumb.jpg

so, Joe, are these the ones youre talking about.....the RR1792 glasses? If so, they are Libbey Vibe glasses, and much cheaper if you get them plain

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17967[/ATTACH]

I really like the look of the cut crystal glasses. I'd love to find some of the wide-mouth glencairn's in that style. My current favorite is a simple, basic rocks glass that were my grandfather's whom I was named after. Monogrammed with my last name initial, these are fairly old and have some serious heft in the bottom. It's that connection to my past plus the substantial feel that I just love about them. New bottles are usually poured in a regular glencairn first, but afterwards it's generally in my rocks glass.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17967[/ATTACH]

I like the look of those, are they as bottom heavy as they appear?

Ok, I love Bladerunner and the design of that glass looks great. But the price is pretty crazy, not astronomical but just way too high. If it was 1/4 the price, I would consider it.

Is there a cheaper version we can buy, hahaha.

I use hand-me-down rocks glasses from my wife's grandparents. Sturdy, classic, and elegant.

adding a pic (next to a bottle for size illustration)

post-10771-14489820667551_thumb.jpg

Just got these SOHO glasses. They are even heavier than the Waldorf "Mens Bar" glasses. I really like both.

post-10133-14489820673201_thumb.jpg

And I really like this Bourbon, nah I love this Bourbon!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.