Favorite Glass?

Clavius
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can a man love more than one whisky? Of course, a man can have many loves.

Well I am definitely a bigamist when it comes to my whisky and might I add proud of it.

Well I am definitely a bigamist when it comes to my whisky and might I add proud of it.

Only 2? I'll still with polygamist!

(BTW - for beer fans, Wasatch Brew Pub in Salt Lake City makes a Polygamy Porter that's solid, but t-shirt is perfect!

adding a pic (next to a bottle for size illustration)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18047[/ATTACH]

Great looking glass. I'd love to share a pour with one of those.

I found this shot glass at an antique mall. I had never seen anything like it. It's an Old Fitzgerald shooter glass. I don't usually take shots but I found it interesting. It's hard to get a good picture but it basically says only use 100 proof OF. It has different measuring lines for the 100 proof equivalent of having a shot of 86 and 90 proof whiskey.

zy4aguju.jpg

a6amepuz.jpg

Only 2? I'll still with polygamist!

(BTW - for beer fans, Wasatch Brew Pub in Salt Lake City makes a Polygamy Porter that's solid, but t-shirt is perfect!

It's solid, but if anyone comes here: we have some world class beer, Polygamy is a good ways down my list.

It's solid, but if anyone comes here: we have some world class beer, Polygamy is a good ways down my list.

Absolutely agree. Was there last Memorial Day for a volleyball tournament and hit several craft beer pubs while we were there and enjoyed just about all the ones I tasted. Apologies for not saying that. I was pleasantly surprised at the overall quality. My wife was quite upset that all she got was a Squatter's t-shirt (and no, it was not the polygamy). We're hoping to go back in a couple of years - absolutely incredible views everywhere we looked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

High 80's here. I think spring last 4 maybe 6 hrs. Ice balls in my glasses last night too.

As it's already gotten into the 90's here, I've been doing more sipping with an ice-ball added.

Picked up a pair of these Sun's Tea Double wall whiskey glasses.

They keep that ice ball intact for a good while.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GWQ988/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18365[/ATTACH]

just ordered a set. They are on sale.

I use a glencairn about 90% of the time, but I found these at Pier 1 for about $3 and they're awesome for an ice sphere:

post-11299-1448982087927_thumb.jpg

just ordered a set. They are on sale.

Got mine today and love them. They are heavier than I expected but my ice barrel fits perfectly and the ice does melt slower.

• 4 weeks later...
Received mine and finally open them after a long while.

First impression, don't like them at all. Had a first pour then pour it back into the Glencairin glass instead. I'm going to give this to my brother to drink beer with or something.

Tiger, what did you not like about them? Admittedly, they are a big change from a Glencairn. Biggest difference being the thick "lip", but that's the nature of the beast.

I don't use mine every day, but when I want to add an ice ball, I tend to reach for these glasses.

Enoch, glad you like yours. (And since this post makes me sound like one, No I'm not a Sun's Tea salesperson).

Hahaha. May sound snobbish :)

It's not at all like the picture. It feels a little cheap like plastic, the opening too big. I guess I'm just too used to the Glencairn glasses that's all. The only other glass I use are the ORVW glasses.

The concept is nice though.

• 1 month later...

I collect taster glasses from craft beer breweries. Since they usually hold about 4 oz. they are a nice size to drink bourbon. My favorite are the ones that look like small brandy sniffers but a lot hardier. Here are two I got at Broken Compass (breckenridge) and Crooked Stave (denver).

post-5814-14489821289307_thumb.jpg

Hardy goes a long way with me. I'm down to about 15 of my original 24 glens.

Edited by Enoch

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered and am looking forward to receiving two 5oz Stolzle Glencairn/Copita glasses from Cobhthaigh Celtique. I placed the order around 1PM and they were shipped three hours later to be delivered Friday.

scotch-whisky-nosing-glass-copitas.jpg

Got my Copita glasses. They're pretty nice to be honest. I can see myself using them quite a bit.

Here's a picture of one next to a regular Glencairn:

IMG_2773_zpsbd76bade.jpg

I found the the same glass at an antique store in MN!

I found this shot glass at an antique mall. I had never seen anything like it. It's an Old Fitzgerald shooter glass. I don't usually take shots but I found it interesting. It's hard to get a good picture but it basically says only use 100 proof OF. It has different measuring lines for the 100 proof equivalent of having a shot of 86 and 90 proof whiskey.

zy4aguju.jpg

a6amepuz.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hands down my mini Glencarn I got at a WhiskyLive event. It is small enough that vapor does not blast the nose, and due to its small size be robust enough to not require pussyfootin around when handling.

Been revising my Riedel Ouverture bourbon glasses lately after loving the Canadian Glencairns.

Remembering why I like these so much. They are a nice tasting glass.

B

I got this little 1/2 pint Glencairn water pitcher the other day. It's pretty cool for adding a tiny bit of water to your favorite dram.

IMG_2814_zps0035117c.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.