Thomas H Handy

rutterb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't buy the whiskey bible, but I don't think there's anything wrong with such a publication, as long as one recognizes that it is, in the end, one person's opinion and YOLO, I mean, YMMV.

Well, it may be overrated crap and maybe Sazerac is in cahoots with Jim Murray to add an extra special dose of overrated crap and drum up more interest in them by getting it named the #1 whiskey of the year but I stumbled across a couple more 2011 bottles sitting on the shelf from last year so I decided I would pick them up for the hell of it. I am still unsure how one knows if it is the 2011 bottling other than the proof. Is there any kind of marking that makes it identifiable? Otherwise I guess I can turn to the BTAC info thread.

I have no interest in trying to sell them but I am always amenable to trading whiskey if and when the opportunity arises. And if I don't happen upon a trade for them I still think its a fine whiskey even if perhaps a bit overpriced and will enjoy drinking them down the road at some point.

I am still unsure how one knows if it is the 2011 bottling other than the proof. Is there any kind of marking that makes it identifiable?

It's all about the ABV for Stagg, Handy & Weller.

Handy is an absolute cracker of a whiskey. Probably my favorite of the BTAC, and I have no issue with it as #1 whiskey - it really is that good, and each year's batches are always good. Sure, slight differences year to year, but all the bottles I've had kick ass.

The only better (not ultra aged) ryes are TPS Bowman Rye bottlings - and those are gone. Handy comes out every year... Thank goodness!

It's all about the ABV for Stagg, Handy & Weller.

Handy is an absolute cracker of a whiskey. Probably my favorite of the BTAC, and I have no issue with it as #1 whiskey - it really is that good, and each year's batches are always good. Sure, slight differences year to year, but all the bottles I've had kick ass.

The only better (not ultra aged) ryes are TPS Bowman Rye bottlings - and those are gone. Handy comes out every year... Thank goodness!

Based on the proof it appears they are not 2011 bottles after all but the new 2012 bottling as they are 132.4p. Which is OK by me because now I can try one side by side with one of my bottles of the 2011 version for a little comparison. May throw the new Taylor Rye in there for a taste of something that I would expect to be notably different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.