Fantastic 3-part Vat

Bmac
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a few experiment ideas that I wanted to test in some small glass bottles and I came up with a most surprisingly delicious blend!

The blend is 3 equal parts, so it's easy to make in any size bottle.

Ingredients:

• Thomas H. Handy Sazerac (2011)
  • George T. Stagg (2010)
  • 4 Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2011

It has the most surprisingly sweet nose. I left it vatting for a week thus far. It could get better, but I don't think so since it's very high ABV.

The idea was that the sweet citrus notes in the Saz compliments the 4R and the GTS tames the spice notes from 4R while balancing out the young heat from the other two whiskeys.

Edited by Bmac

That's awesome! What would you think adding WLW instead of Stagg might do?

Had a few experiment ideas that I wanted to test in some small glass bottles and I came up with a most surprisingly delicious blend!

Ingredients:

• George T. Stagg (2010)

It has the most surprisingly sweet nose. I left it vatting for a week thus far. It could get better, but I don't think so since it's very high ABV.

The idea was that the sweet citrus notes in the Saz compliments the 4R and the GTS tames the spice notes from 4R while balancing out the young heat from the other two whiskeys.

I did make a blend that has WLW 2010 as a four-grain type, but it did not turn out as yummy. The GTS has a deeper, richer flavor than the WLW. I think wheat hides behind rye as a flavor ingredient. Although with the upcoming PHC i could be prven wrong ;)

Ingredients:

• George T. Stagg (2010)

Sounds really good. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm on it!:cool:

Thanks for experimenting, it is certainly worth a try. In the past I have tried to figure out ways of improving less favorite whiskeys but to use 3 solid ones is a good idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.