Larceny Bourbon By HH

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just tried my bottle of this last night and was very impressed. A fantastic wheater with a very different profile than the Weller line, and an absolutely steal at $22.

Local shop got a sampler bottle brought in by some reps. I tried it. Fairly weak juice and has that odd character that I never like in HH whiskey

Darghh. That's what I was afraid of as I'm no HH fan. I'm still looking forward to trying it.

Really hoping it opens up with time. For 92 proof it's got a strong bite, almost to the point of putting the newly opened bottle onto the "cooking bourbon" shelf.

Is Larceny the same mashbill as the Old Fitz line? And then older than BIB but younger than Very Old?

Or did HH make an entirely new recipe?

Is Larceny the same mashbill as the Old Fitz line? And then older than BIB but younger than Very Old?

Or did HH make an entirely new recipe?

Good question that I'd like to know the answer to as well.

The first good wheater I've had from HH was the Parker's. Why can't they produce something that good with a bit less age or is the Larceny an attempt at that?

In that case I wish they had just used John Fitzgerald as the name, keep the Fitzgerald going. Admittedly I am an OFBIB fan, but I guess they figured better to go after MM and OWA with a new brand name. And for what it's worth the Larceny label looks like something HGTV designed. They should have designed one with a silhouetted character in hat and a round of keys in front of a rickhouse with moon behind.

Had a couple of pours of this last week with Kevin and Bill. I'm a fan of the OFBIB, but the Larceny in much more interesting. Though, I can't remember it's profile well, as the 2012 PHC that we tasted along with it dominated the evening, I did enjoy it very much. I have a definite taste memory of the Old Fitz, and the Larceny had hints of that, but with more complexity and a subtleness that worked very well. I look forward to picking up a bottle to put it through it's paces, soon. I can definitely say this, though. For me, It being priced in the mid $20's, it's a no-brainer to pick up.

I'm still ify about it. I saw the 750 and 1.75 of it finally. Maybe I will at some point. I like them thar wheaters.

Finally came across this today. 27 bucks after tax with a 10 dollar rebate tag hanging on the neck. For 17 bucks I figure I couldn't afford not to try it.

-Mike

Can anyone confirm if the rebates are going on in Texas? The one store that has this, I didnt see any rebate tags @_@

Got the 1.75 last night at TPS for 39.99. The 1.75's have a $20 rebate. Cracked it open at the neighbors last night and we all really enjoyed it.

Got the 1.75 last night at TPS for 39.99. The 1.75's have a $20 rebate. Cracked it open at the neighbors last night and we all really enjoyed it.

I did not see it listed with the states getting Larceny. Sounds like an excuse for a NKY roadtrip. CnB and TPS both have recent barrel selection bottlings

Had my first couple pours of this between last night and today. I like the nose a lot, but I'm still confused by the palate. I think it needs more time to open up because I'm just not getting that much right now, but the nose has so much promise.

I picked up a 1.75 at TPS yesterday as well. While I won't pass complete judgement after one pour, my initial impression is that it is only OK. There is something in the flavor, sort of lingering mid-palate, that I don't really enjoy. Can't quite put my finger on it to accurately describe it, but it is there. I don't hate it, and will keep trying to see what a little bottle age and air will do to it. Overall, it is safe to say that the Weller line has nothing to worry about with me and Larceny.

Had my first couple pours of this between last night and today. I like the nose a lot, but I'm still confused by the palate. I think it needs more time to open up because I'm just not getting that much right now, but the nose has so much promise.

1. My experience is similar to Complince's. I love the nose. First pour was disappointing to the palate - seemed young. A few days later and the bottle seemed to open up some - more cinammon spice. Still gets beat by EC12, but has definite promise. The nose is still a winner.

Still waiting for this in nor cal

Where in LA did you find it?

One of the smaller retailers, Cap'n'cork. I haven't seen it anywhere else. I'm surprised they beat the big guys like K&L and Bevmo on the release.

I hope to hear that we have some in NY today when I call my favorite whiskey monger today. I find that the twangy cedar note can come from barrels that are toasted prior to charring. I get that in some of BF's products, and they use barrels like that I think.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.