What Rye Are You Drinking? Autumn 2012

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I did some reconnaissance on that Hirsch 22. They have 2 bottles. I was wrong about the price, it's only $165 :(. I'm going to have to think about it.

If you can afford it, do it. You'll regret it if you don't grab them.

Only $165 comp? Lets see, for that amount I can have one bottle of NDP whisky or a case of BIB Barton, hmm, let me think . . .

Only $165 comp? Lets see, for that amount I can have one bottle of NDP whisky or a case of BIB Barton, hmm, let me think . . .

In quality vs quantity, I'll take quality every time.

I agree, the Rendezvous is excellent stuff, but I am also really liking this Ritt BiB, as this is the first time I have tried it. May have to pick up some more!

Yeah, Rendezvous is a an outstanding whiskey. When you stop and look at other bottles on the market, it becomes clear that the quality/price ratio of Rendezvous is also great.

Cracked open a WTR101 - I'm liking the similarity to WT101. I miss the earthiness of Ritt100, but picking up some leather that I've only tasted in a dusty Mattingly & Moore before.

Edited by MauiSon

Yeah, Rendezvous is a an outstanding whiskey. When you stop and look at other bottles on the market, it becomes clear that the quality/price ratio of Rendezvous is also great.

Will, it's an even better value when you compare it to the HW16 and notice how much of that is part of the overall profile of the Rendezvous. I don't recall you posting on it, but I'm sure you've had the 16 year, considering your epic rye tastings of late :)

CEHT Rye tonight. I really like this nearly all rye over some of the others-Jefferson's, Masterson's, Whistlepig, etc....

Worth the every penny-Yes it does take a few to get this one.

B

Going back to a favorite tonight. Willett 4yr Rye. Tasty stuff!!

Will probably need a followup to this, as my mom just dropped the bomb that her and my dad, along with my sister and her boyfriend, and their dog, are coming Monday for the holidays. I knew she was coming just not as early as Monday, and not with the rest of the gang!! Going to be a crowded house next week!

B

Going back to a favorite tonight. Willett 4yr Rye. Tasty stuff!!

Will probably need a followup to this, as my mom just dropped the bomb that her and my dad, along with my sister and her boyfriend, and their dog, are coming Monday for the holidays. I knew she was coming just not as early as Monday, and not with the rest of the gang!! Going to be a crowded house next week!

B

Been enjoying some Redemption Rye the last couple days. For all the bashing it's gotten, I really enjoy it. It's an easy drinking rye, almost too easy. It's a good whiskey to drink when you don't want to put a lot of thought into your drink and just enjoy it. Not sure if I would go out of my way to get more however, because I can get Ritt BIB for $2 cheaper. I do like the minty nose and taste of the LDI 95% rye mashbill, but I'd much rather spend the extra $12 bucks to get Bulleit Rye. The Redemption would be better priced at sub $20 IMHO.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!