Ultimate Super Wheated Blend?

Bmac
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been fooling around with wheated bourbon blends and found a concoction, that I think it pretty complex and easy to drink. Here's my recipe:

6oz Old Fitz Prime (80 proof) (note: these bottles are from 2000 so I am not sure, but taste variation may be a factor for newer or older bottlings.)

2oz Larceny

2oz Old Weller Antique NAS

1oz Maker's Mark

1oz Jefferson's Presidential Select 18yr batch #14

2oz Maker's 46

1oz Vintage Bourbon 17

1/2oz Pappy Van Winkle 15yr (from 2008)

1oz Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B 12yr (2011)

1oz William Larue Weller (2010)

Now that I have several bottles of Old Fitz to use as a core whiskey I tried to add touches of all the major wheaters. I opted to leave out Rebel yell, It's just so freakin' awful. Sugar water just tastes better. I let this sit for a week and had it neat. It's was surprisingly good given that there are so many different wheated profiles swimming around.

What I would like to see is a proof calculator that can tell you what proof you end up with. If I had to hazard a guess I would say maybe 90...92 proof?

((quantity of whiskey 1)*(proof of whiskey 1) + (quantity of whiskey 2)*(proof of whiskey 2) + ... + (quantity of whiskey n)*(proof of whiskey n))/(total quantity)

What I would like to see is a proof calculator that can tell you what proof you end up with. If I had to hazard a guess I would say maybe 90...92 proof?

98.7 proof by my rough calculations.

98.7 proof by my rough calculations.

That was some heavy calculations!@_@. Thanks! I guess the half oz of 107 and the 120+ of WLW really bumped up the proof.

Good experiement. When I skimmed this I just looked at the sizes, and missed the fact you let them mingle. I was wondering how you accurately rated a whiskey when you drank over a pint.

Good experiement. When I skimmed this I just looked at the sizes, and missed the fact you let them mingle. I was wondering how you accurately rated a whiskey when you drank over a pint.

At that point there all perfect 10's :cool:

"get in my belly!"

LOL. You know, I have actually done that. In order to survey the ingredients to determine which would be best to add...ya gotta start sippin'. Next thing you know you're blood is pumping pure Wheated Bourbon. O_O It makes for a wonderful gaming experience; let me tell you :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.