Roll Call

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Brian-

Haven't heard of that company, I'll check them out, always lookin' for sources.

Before the military cut off shipping tobacco in the mail another cigar smoker gave me these 2 sites as well, didn't order from them as I was well stocked at the time.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ in the left under cigars is a link for factory seconds

http://www.neptunecigar.com/ In the header is the link to Bundles

Bob

P.S.

link to the last cigars I got from JR. THEY WERE SUPERB!!!!!! Out of stock right now but you can open an account and back order and they will ship as soon as they get more in.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=itemDetails&itemcode=JRAFS3&/JR%20ALTERNATIVE-FUENTE%20HEMINGWAY%20SIGNATURE.html

• 5 months later...

I love to smoke cigars...

Usually I like to start the day with a mild connecticut shade wrapped cigar like a Camacho Connecticut, Oliva Connecticut, Perdomo Champagne , or maybe a Habanos Corona.

Stogie fan here, just checking in. Got lots of favorites, but if I had to live with a few select boxes I would grab:

Padron 5000 Maduro

Tatuaje Miami

Rocky Patel The Edge Maduro

Carlos Toraño Exodus '50 Years'

I love a rich, complex and earthy smoke. One with some body and bite too. A big fan of maduro wrappers, but also have a spot for a good corojo and a criollo if I can find one. Going to pick up a nice cigar for this weekend to celebrate classes ending for the summer; its been so cold here I haven't been able to enjoy a cigar in far too long.

Beautiful night in the Old Dominion... Petit Pyrimide Ramon Allones RE Canada. Very nice, touch of harshness due to youth....

last weekend smoked a cigar that came in my monthly club- A Torano Fortress. I have had other Toranos and enjoyed them, but this one was absolutely fantastic. full flavored, medium body, lots of smoke but a very firm roll that didn't shred in my mouth like so many do- I must be a hard chomper. don't know the price point, but will definitely look for them in the store.

last weekend smoked a cigar that came in my monthly club- A Torano Fortress. I have had other Toranos and enjoyed them, but this one was absolutely fantastic. full flavored, medium body, lots of smoke but a very firm roll that didn't shred in my mouth like so many do- I must be a hard chomper. don't know the price point, but will definitely look for them in the store.

Nice review, I am a Toraño fan myself, still haven't found one that I haven't enjoyed. Not my all time favorites by any means, but they seem to be a solid producer, with a full array of quality offerings.

moose, you are exactly where I'm coming from- the Torano line is good, consistant, and affordable, a reliable go-to, but never a favorite. this one has the potential to be a favorite. check it out and let me know what you think.

• 7 months later...

Perfect timing!

Torano Exodus gold label. Usually the Robusto or Toro, but enjoy the Torpedo. Great value, fantastic smoke. Very consistent too; I don't think I've ever had a plugged or bad one.

Of course, all time favorite was a Cohiba Esplendido. One of those and half a beer and I was done for the day!

Other favorites are fairly mundane but quality.. regular Padron etc.

• 1 month later...

Checking in... new to bourbon, but not cigars. Been having a glass of single malt with my smokes, but recently have discovered the joys of Bourbon with cigars...very nice indeed.

• 9 months later...

Checking in!

I usually have a beer or some kind of other nonalcoholic drink with a cigar. Getting more into a rum, whiskey, etc. to pair with. No favorite yet...

I also enjoy all kinds of cigars...but I find Cuban's to be overrated. For the price, you can find way better cigars than smoking something we're not allowed to have, haha. But hey, smoke what ya like.

• 1 month later...

I do not believe I have checked in here. Have a great ISOM cigar along with a nice bourbon and a beer is one of my great pleasures. I enjoy it most in my backyard in the company of friends that enjoy the same.

It is about friends and having a great time and the cigars and drinks add to the fun.

Best regards, Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted in this forum for a few months now, but I don't believe I've checked in. Cigars have been a hobby of mine for over 10 years now, and I love pairing them with bourbon. I typically smoke Cuban cigars, but I mix in a non-Cuban here and there. I used to enjoy doing cigar reviews for the Cigar Inspector blog, but then I had a daughter and my time for reviewing went out the window... Maybe I'll get back into it one day. Here is a link to some of my old reviews if anyone is curious

http://www.cigarinspector.com/author-jason

• 1 month later...
I guess I am the exception, my palate just does not care for alcohol with cigars. Dark-roast coffee with a cigar is more to my taste. Favorite cigar, when I decide to splurge a bit, is a Partagas Spanish Rosado. Otherwise, everyday smokes are something from the JR Ultimate line, Montecristo, or Don Diego.

Checking in here and I'm with Whiskey Willie. I like a nice black coffee(black silk), but with a little bourbon mixed in to sip with my cigars. I found a nice deal on Gurkha Beauties that I really enjoy with my coffee bourbon. Makes for a good spring Saturday evening. Whiskey Willie it's worth at least a try once to see if you enjoy all three together.

I used to enjoy a good cigar once in a while, but no longer. I have too many allergies and sinus and asthma problems to do that any more.

I do miss it some times. I loved an Arturo Fuente 858.

Ah yes, the Fuente 8-5-8 (and other brands 8-5-8s) are just about the perfect size.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum but not new to cigars or whisk(e)y. I live in Germany so I am around mostly cuban cigars and scotch. I like cubans, but I would take a Nicaraguan cigar over a cuban 9 times out of 10 any day. I enjoy cigars from Don Pepin, Pete Johnson, and Charlie Toraño to name few. Fortunately, over last couple years the selection of American whiskey has increased considerably.

I'm a passionate cigar smoker. I smoke at least 2 a day and more on the weekend. I look forward to talking whiskey and cigars with you guys.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Look at all the cigar smokers! Enjoyed them for years. Nicaraguan puro's would be my favourites, as I prefer

full body/full flavour.

• 3 months later...

Been smoking for about 5 years... I built a nice collection. Wen't a little to deep, then I discovered the Dark side due to forums. After that I sold off almost all my sticks to make dark side purchases the only ones i kept are some opus, anejo, Padron Anny, and Liga Privadas... I would say these days I'm only 10%NC... Sitting on 500+ sticks at the moment...

I would say right now my favorite is the 2004 CoLa

Checking in!

I usually have a beer or some kind of other nonalcoholic drink with a cigar. Getting more into a rum, whiskey, etc. to pair with. No favorite yet...

I also enjoy all kinds of cigars...but I find Cuban's to be overrated. For the price, you can find way better cigars than smoking something we're not allowed to have, haha. But hey, smoke what ya like.

I hate to break it to you, But CC are actually cheaper that Nc... Just gotta know the right legit sources.. Way to many fakes out there, I only trust a handful of vendors.

Checking in - just noticed this part of the forum. 90% of my whiskey drinking is done while smoking a cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 4 months later...

I think I have a tobacco problem. I bet I have about 8lbs of pipe tobacco cellaring and God know how many cigars. I would say cigar and pipes is one of my favorite hobbies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Along with bourbon one of the last great legal pleasures left to this old man.

• 6 months later...

I joined and checked in on another thread last night.  It's good to see some brothers of the leaf (BotL).

I'm sipping my first Pikesville 110 with a Nic ligero laced 2nd (Cain F unbanded bundle) robusto.

Have hung out at Herfers Paraadise for years.  It's now cgarbb.com.  FWIW

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.