Roll Call

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 3 months later...

I am a couple months into my cigar journey. I'm trying to limit myself to one or two a week, but I really enjoy them. If it weren't for the woman to whom I'm related by marriage I definitely could smoke on every night. I still am struggling to find a bourbon to pair with my cigar. Perhaps I was expecting too much (I was expecting a transcendental experience) but I find the cigar diminishes my enjoyment of the bourbon and vice versa. Any suggestions on pairings to get me started?

9 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Great info......Thanks!

One of my mechanics went to Havanna for a few days and brought me back a few Montecristo #2's!!

I hope they are authentic. I had someone gift me a box of Cohibas that were clearly knock-offs. Good knock-offs mind you, but not the real deal.

• 5 months later...

Just so happen to be enjoying a Padilla Habano Barber Poll with a glencairn of Elijah Craig tonight. I've been enjoying fine cigars for a good 20 + years now. Got most of my brother's in-law into them too. And 1 of them got me into bourbon, finally. My favorite herfs are after a good meal with the whole family!

• 8 months later...

Been enjoying cigars for around 15 years now. Romeo Y Julieta Churchills are my favorite, followed by the new Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan. 

• 9 months later...

Just recently getting back to smoking a fine cigar... Have a few lurking in a humidor and they’ve actually held up well (don’t ask me how, it’s been YEARS). In any event the first one I pulled out was a Padron Serie 1926. Paired that with a neat bourbon (sadly I wasn’t paying attention to which one!) and the combo bell me away. Absolute heaven.

• I like it 2

• 7 months later...

Every evening, sitting by the outdoor fire pit, just around dusk, you will find me with a cigar and bourbon...even if it is 20 degrees or 90 degrees outside. The opportunity to do such, in nature, is priceless. What you soon come to realize is that you don't wish you had that really hard to find bourbon in your glass or that expensive stick that is really not going to change your life......it is an opportunity to clear the mind, reset, and simply unwind. 

Some of the best sticks I have had were very inexpensive....

~ JR Ultimate Principales 6 × 54  

~ Chartered Oak Maduro or Connecticut...they now offer a Habano which I've yet to have

~ Nestor Miranda Special Selection

~ Umbagog - Toro Toro 6 × 52 Rich, long burn...great while also hand splitting wood.

~ Illisione MJ12 - wrapper is silver or dark foil...nice boutuique stick.

~ Peromo - they dont make anything bad. My favorite is the Perdomo Habano Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sun Grown

Curious, where are those smoking Cubans purchasing them in the states? My favorite that is no longer made was the Partagas Series E #2, my son in the Navy brought a few back from Panama. 

• I like it 1

• 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.