Wanted :Elijah Craig 18 Silver Seals

MauiSon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm in need of two of those stick-on silver seals found on bottles of EC18 - I bought 3 bottles a while back, but two were missing the seals. I wrote to the company and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting Heaven Hill Distilleries and your inquiry and patronage of Elijah Craig 18-Year-Old Bourbon. We have had issues with the adhesive for the pewter-colored seal and bottles have arrived at retailers without the seal intact. We have recently started bottling this product in bottles without the seal until this issue can be resolved and currently do not have seals available.As a family owned, independent company, Heaven Hill Distilleries takes inquiries from our customers very seriously and hope that our prompt response is evidence of this. Thank you and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,"

PM me if you can help me here and thanks!

:

"...We have recently started bottling this product in bottles without the seal until this issue can be resolved and currently do not have seals available.

Can't help with the seals but the quote above I found interesting. Are they already starting to bottle again?

Oh NOW you tell us. I've been going into every liquor store in town and peeling the silver seals OFF the bottles, and selling them on the black market. Sorry, but I just sold the last batch. :P

The HH reply was a bit chilly (much like SB's here) - I don't really believe they shipped bottles intentionally without that decoration. My bottles have a little nick cut in the glass where the seal is placed. If anyone is polishing off a bottle or two . . .

Edited by MauiSon

The HH reply was a bit chilly (much like SB's here) - I don't really believe they shipped bottles intentionally without that decoration. My bottles have a little nick cut in the glass where the seal is placed. If anyone is polishing off a bottle or two . . .

Seriously guys, help a brother out or ignore thread and move on.

I would not buy, let alone drink, an unsealed bottle.

But would you buy and drink from one which lost its little plastic decoration that only looks like a wax document seal? :D

I know I would... :drinking:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in need of two of those stick-on silver seals found on bottles of EC18 - I bought 3 bottles a while back, but two were missing the seals. I wrote to the company and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting Heaven Hill Distilleries and your inquiry and patronage of Elijah Craig 18-Year-Old Bourbon. We have had issues with the adhesive for the pewter-colored seal and bottles have arrived at retailers without the seal intact. We have recently started bottling this product in bottles without the seal until this issue can be resolved and currently do not have seals available.As a family owned, independent company, Heaven Hill Distilleries takes inquiries from our customers very seriously and hope that our prompt response is evidence of this. Thank you and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,"

PM me if you can help me here and thanks!

Thank you so much! Came in the mail today, which I checked after a couple of pours of FR1B. The other seal seems to be glued on with rubber cement, so I think I'll try that or a glue gun. Now I can cover up that ugly nick in the glass, which my other seal-less bottle doesn't have. A little brightness added to my day.:cool:

• 6 months later...

Weird. I just bought 3 bottles today. 1 has the seal, the other 2 just have the adhesive pad where the seal used to be.

Weird. I just bought 3 bottles today. 1 has the seal, the other 2 just have the adhesive pad where the seal used to be.

Unfortunately the value of your bottle without the seal has dropped so far down that you should just throw them away! Into

My mouth!!! GET IN MY BELLY :smile:

Hey, the seal is nice if you're gonna gift a bottle. My 'unsealed' bottles are '92 production, so hopefully they'll be tasty.

About that adhesive pad, is it a blob of glue, as a hot glue-gun might produce? Or is it a double-sided sticky pad?

Edited by MauiSon

Unfortunately the value of your bottle without the seal has dropped so far down that you should just throw them away! Into

My mouth!!! GET IN MY BELLY :smile:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.