Jefferson's Presidential Rye Select 21

luther.r
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Canadian perhaps??

Who else has aged rye of that vintage?

Label does say "North American Rye", that would include them.

My interested is piqued.

B

Canadian perhaps??

Who else has aged rye of that vintage?

Label does say "North American Rye", that would include them.

My interested is piqued.

B

• 2 weeks later...

In trying to find any scraps of info I could on the Jefferson Ocean I came across this picture on what I presume is a product designers website.

I know nothing else about it. Perhaps the label hunters can discover more info. More Canadian product? Whatever it is it certainly would seem to have potential...

post-8493-14489818420667_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489818420667_thumb.jpg

I started another thread but see I am late to the party. Don't have any new info but did find a picture by accident.

Note that thread has been merged with this one. p_elliott

Edited by p_elliott

• 2 months later...

I had an interesting conversation on the phone today with Eric at the Jug Shop in San Francisco. We got to talking about things in the pipeline and the JPS21 came up. He told me that he had just spoken to Trey Zoeller and got word that this will be a bourbon and not a rye and that the source was NOT S-W juice. Eric speculated that the little S-W not already used in the JPS18 would be used in a future limited, ultra-premium bottling. I've heard HH has similar plans for the barrels of S-W they are sitting on. All of this being rumor and hearsay, but interesting fodder for forums like these. Where could the bourbon for a JPS21 come from? And how much will they charge, knowing it lacks the cachet of S-W?

I had an interesting conversation on the phone today with Eric at the Jug Shop in San Francisco. We got to talking about things in the pipeline and the JPS21 came up. He told me that he had just spoken to Trey Zoeller and got word that this will be a bourbon and not a rye and that the source was NOT S-W juice. Eric speculated that the little S-W not already used in the JPS18 would be used in a future limited, ultra-premium bottling. I've heard HH has similar plans for the barrels of S-W they are sitting on. All of this being rumor and hearsay, but interesting fodder for forums like these. Where could the bourbon for a JPS21 come from? And how much will they charge, knowing it lacks the cachet of S-W?

The bottle mock up sure looked like it was going to be a rye!

I have done my bit for Jefferson's by getting a bottle of the Ocean. Unless I know more about what it is rather than what it isn't I don't plan to buy this JPS21 until I at least have a chance to try it first. And if that chance doesn't materialize then I guess I won't be buying.

I must say the "ultra-premium" bottlings of supposed S-W juice, whether it be Jefferson's or HH, sounds a bit tiresome already and it isn't even available yet!

I must say the "ultra-premium" bottlings of supposed S-W juice, whether it be Jefferson's or HH, sounds a bit tiresome already and it isn't even available yet!

Couldn't agree more. Makes me want to snatch up a couple more JPS18. I know of a store that has a couple on sale for 69.99.

As far as the bottle mock-up that confused me, mostly because of my ignorance. Was there a separate COLA entry for a JPS21 bourbon? Would a change from rye to bourbon necessitate a new COLA entry? Time to do some research...

Product Source is marked as Domestic (opposed to Imported)

Will this rule out Canada

There is also Proximo listed with their Lawrenceburg, Indiana adress

So Maybe it's LDI (the only 21yo rye from there I know of was matured in used barrels though)

Steffen

I really hope the 21 rye is coming to market. If it is indeed a domestic source, I am very curious to know who still has 21yo rye laying around.

I really hope the 21 rye is coming to market. If it is indeed a domestic source, I am very curious to know who still has 21yo rye laying around.

I'll certainly be in line next to you when this comes out.

But my gut says that it probably cannot be US distilled rye. The last of the ultra aged ryes all came to market within the same small time period, and aside from the tanked VWFRR and Saz 18, there just isn't anything in the market that would even come close. Even the HW 16 and 21 year ryes where anomaly's in their own right-and delicious ones at that.

Canada always seems to be the usual suspect of recent with any aged rye product coming to market.

Seriously---1)who who have have something like this on hand domestically? 2)With the market being smoking hot for products like these-why sell them to somebody else to put out. As long as the juice is decent, anybody would be nuts to offload these, even though the yield would likely be small, make it a niche product, and even priced at the high end of the market, it will sell.

B

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have heard the first rumors of this hitting town so if it is here it must be out elsewhere. But it looks like this is a 21 yo bourbon, not a rye, is in the $130 range and still mystery whiskey.

Have heard the first rumors of this hitting town so if it is here it must be out elsewhere. But it looks like this is a 21 yo bourbon, not a rye, is in the $130 range and still mystery whiskey.

There's one of each coming out: a bourbon and a rye.

There's one of each coming out: a bourbon and a rye.

The rye I would probably try, even at this rather spendy price, if the reviews are half decent. But I am going to pass on the bourbon.

Saving money instead to see if I can acquire a bottle of Old Potrero Hostaling's mostly because I have always wanted to try that and not because it makes a lick of sense to spend that kind of money on it!

The rye I would probably try, even at this rather spendy price, if the reviews are half decent. But I am going to pass on the bourbon.

Saving money instead to see if I can acquire a bottle of Old Potrero Hostaling's mostly because I have always wanted to try that and not because it makes a lick of sense to spend that kind of money on it!

That Hotaling's is my white whale of rye. Makes Saz 18 look as easy to pick up as Bud Lite.

I've tried emailing Anchor to see if they even release it anymore, but have never gotten a reply.

I've tried emailing Anchor to see if they even release it anymore, but have never gotten a reply.

That Hotaling's is my white whale of rye. Makes Saz 18 look as easy to pick up as Bud Lite.

I've talked with them a couple of times in the last few months at whisky events.

They did not have enough last year to do a retail release. Most of the bottles went to charity events and a couple went to special tastings.

At the Vegas show (UWE) they said that they are planning to do a release this year.

Tom

I think that you got your answer. ;)

Hopefully you don't have insider knowledge that changes what I was told...I need to get a couple more bottles :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.