Jefferson's Presidential Rye Select 21

luther.r
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old whiskys never die, they just get blended away.

I was about to ask. There's no way they'd just toss an old barrel given what it's cost them in taxes/time/etc.

Does a barrel ever go completely bad, age related or otherwise?

Yes they do, barrels can be ruined by green wood sap or an iron scrap (that's why barrels are not put together with nails) and when they do they are sold to a rectifier to be redistilled into industrial alcohol.

I was about to ask. There's no way they'd just toss an old barrel given what it's cost them in taxes/time/etc.

Does a barrel ever go completely bad, age related or otherwise?

Eventually everything will evaporate out.

Kyle, that's a welled played line.

Thanks for the contributions. And for good product that you folks put out.

B

• 2 months later...

Seems this rumored creature is starting to show in the wild, ran across this in another corner of the internets.

Anyone seen or tasted it yet?

Jefferson21Rye2.jpg

Something for me to ask Trey Zoeller about during a bourbon dinner I am going to in a couple of weeks that he is supposed to be attending. Well, something else. I already have several questions in mind! If we even get to ask questions.

Although I am not really expecting any real details unfortunately. Perhaps I will be wrong about that.

As for MSRP I don't have a clue but anything much below the bourbon which was around $135 would be something of a surprise even with the relatively low proof. Unfortunately more than that would not be a big surprise. At least 100 proof like the older Rittenhouse Rye line would have been nice to see.

Seems this rumored creature is starting to show in the wild, ran across this in another corner of the internets.

Anyone seen or tasted it yet?

Jefferson21Rye2.jpg

Virginia ABC website lists JPS21 Rye at $139.95, and JPS25 Rye at $159.90.

I passed on a bottle of this at $130 yesterday. Despite being a fan of many ryes in this age range, I think I'll need to wait for someone else to plunge in before I consider it.

I passed on a bottle of this at $130 yesterday. Despite being a fan of many ryes in this age range, I think I'll need to wait for someone else to plunge in before I consider it.

If I can find it then knowing me I will probably plunge!

• 2 weeks later...

Opened my bottle of this today, I love old ryes and this one is not disappointing. Very good. Glad I bought a bottle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.