Turkey and...?

steeltownbbq
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What bourbon are you having with your Thanksgiving turkey?

I'll be starting the day with a little WT101 in my coffee and the Mrs. will put some of her WR in the sweet potatoes.

My boys will be drinking what ever I've got open and the brother-in-law only drinks CC 12yr.

Thanksgiving is always a turkey day for me. I have some WTRB 1997, RR 10/101, WTR 101 and some WTKS Pewter top ready to go for the day! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away!

I'll be serving a special bourbon to family and friends: SB blend....ahhh....excuse me....SB meld: 1/3 WSR, 1/3 OWA, 1/3 W12: melded for 60 days.

Very nice pour.

Happy Thanksgiving holidays to all SB'ers!!!

Bill.

Spending Thanksgiving day with the in-laws. There will be no consumption of alcoholic beverages.:frown:

Spending Thanksgiving day with the in-laws. There will be no consumption of alcoholic beverages.:frown:

Take a flask and drink on the public sidewalk.

I am considering opening one of my bottles of pappy20 to share with my brother inlaw, last year we polished off a bottle of Lot B, made the dinner go much smoother for us. If i don't open the 20, It will be another Lot B

I am considering opening one of my bottles of pappy20 to share with my brother inlaw, last year we polished off a bottle of Lot B, made the dinner go much smoother for us. If i don't open the 20, It will be another Lot B

Great whiskey consumed alone = $120

Great whiskey shared with family and friends = priceless.

My brother and I just decided on the lineup to take up to our Thanksgiving family get-together in the North Georgia mountains: CEHT Single Barrel, Larceny, and PHC Cognac Finished.

My favorite holiday of the year. Good food, good bourbon, and good football.

Will be starting the day with some cider and WT101 then moving onto some WLW during the Lions game.

Best regards, Tony

I'll be at the mother inlaw's, so............. I'll be drinking George Dickel #12 before dinner and WTRB after, while dozing off during a football game.:grin:

I might end the night with a pour from "the dark side" while unwinding from the day..... I'm thinking a little Lagavulin 16 sounds good. :cool:

Great whiskey consumed alone = $120

Great whiskey shared with family and friends = priceless.

Most of my bourbon gets consumed by others, but for me getting together and enjoying a pour with friends is the best part of this hobby

I bought a pint bottle of WT 101 for Thanksgiving, although I do have about an ounce of WT Rare Breed that I may also polish off. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

The serendipity of looking at my bar and choosing what to pour will probably be the same for me on Thanksgiving as it is on any other day... That said, I have a handful of open Wild Turkeys and it seems likely that I'll pour from at least one of them.

The serendipity of looking at my bar and choosing what to pour will probably be the same for me on Thanksgiving as it is on any other day... That said, I have a handful of open Wild Turkeys and it seems likely that I'll pour from at least one of them.

Spoken like a man, speaking for me :grin: .

I always open the latest George T Stagg for Thanksgiving.

Well not always, just the last 7 or 8 years.

As I have said before, what better way to celebrate the bountiful harvest than with the bountiful Stagg.

We're going to crack a bottle of Southern Belle Shiraz with dinner. It is the Van Winkle barrel aged release.

I'm not a wine guy by any stretch, but it is a great cool weather/hearty meal pairing.

A pour or two of OCPR (care of Josh), couple of bottles of Penfolds Kilimna Bin 28 Shiraz wine with dinner and a little VWFRR rye afterwards to watch a little football.

Everybody have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Traditionally, I've opened a bottle of fine Wild Turkey on Thanksgiving day. But this year I'm thinking of going this route:

post-1255-14489818416938_thumb.jpg

Traditionally, I've opened a bottle of fine Wild Turkey on Thanksgiving day. But this year I'm thinking of going this route:

Darn good idea Mike. :bowdown: I believe I will do the same. Thanks and Cheers!

That's a nice Eagle Rare ad, I downloaded a copy for me.

Last night I opened up the 2012 George T Stagg and I am very disappointed.

It is hot and thin and spring water didn't help it.

But I am not going to dwell on it or drink much more (today that is) because I don't want to become the like the star subject in Alice Barber Stephens painting "Over-Indulgence--A Spoiled Thanksgiving"

Overindulgence.jpg

Nice one, Oscar. Turned on the football game, cracked the ER, and started the turkey on the rotisserie and it's not yet 1:00. I have a feeling that will be me in that picture (except with a lot less hair) about the time game three rolls around.

Sorry to hear that about the Stagg. Good news is that I was only able to get one bottle this year.

Haven't had an ER open in a LONG time. This is a Lawrenceburg bottle and my first thought on first sip was that this is one of the best whiskies ever put in wide production. May have to put it right up against a WT 8 before the end of the day just because.

Happy Turkey Day, all!

-Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.