Turkey and...?

steeltownbbq
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Traditionally, I've opened a bottle of fine Wild Turkey on Thanksgiving day. But this year I'm thinking of going this route:

A little pre dinner PVW 20. After dinner I am going to crack open a 2012 LE Single Barrel 4 roses and a 2011 WLW.

The turkey is smoking, the sweet potato dumplings have been cut, and the green beans are simmering. Just cracked open a Wild Turkey Tradition to enjoy while taking a 15 minute break until I have to get busy with the rest of the side dishes (Dressing, Fried Corn, Brussels Sprouts and Chicken and Noodles)

... some WTRB ( WT-03RB ), Willett Family SB 7yr ( Pascale's Liquor Square Handpicked #6525 ), and the current PVW 15

Ok, plans changed. Ended up going to Dad's for breakfast and then headed home to watch the Lions. Me and a buddy shared 1/2 a bottle of WT101 which was pretty darn good, nothing fancy but enjoyable for a day of football.

Best regards, Tony

Before dinner below. After dinner included an impromptu whiskey seminar for interested relatives with small tastes of some of my open bottles including 4 different yeast 4Rs, 3 OWA SBs, 2 Willett SBs, 2 WLWs, PHC '12, Redbreast cask and Aberlour A'bunadh. They were fascinated and loved learning the differences between mashbills and single barrels.

post-3665-14489818417844_thumb.jpg

I had a good time with family and friends for Thanksgiving yesterday. After I got home from the festivities, (and after a little impromptu pre-Black Friday shopping on the way home :banghead:) I opened up a bottle of ER 101 and had a couple of healthy pours.

Haven't had an ER open in a LONG time. This is a Lawrenceburg bottle and my first thought on first sip was that this is one of the best whiskies ever put in wide production.

Same here, except my bottle is a Frankfort. Thanks again Mike. The Eagle and The Turkey have landed.:grin:

Finished my last little bit of WT 12 split label before dinner. Been looking forward to that for some time. Now it's gone... sigh.

Craig

I feel your pain; my wife and I each had one of the few remaining pours from a bottle of WT 8 year export. There are still a couple left but when they're gone it won't be a bottle that's easily replaced.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.