"Pappy's Choice"...

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

With apologies to Sophie of course! Looks like I may have a choice between ORVW 10 (I assume 107 proof) and Lot "B". Any compelling reason to pick one over the other? I am leaning towards the 10yo.

I am trying to talk him out of both but that may not be an option!

I'd take the 107, and spend the difference on a Weller 12. I would not make an effort to talk him into selling me both bottles.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

I will vote for the 10/107 as well. It has rapidly become one of my favorites and I would pick it over the Lot B.

Go 10/107. Very smooth when i tried it last. besides, i almost discourage spending MSRP (or more) on Lot B as a show of dislike to ORVW distillery marketing plans.

I'd take the 107, and spend the difference on a Weller 12. I would not make an effort to talk him into selling me both bottles.

+1 on the 10/107 and Weller 12

My rule of thumb is that proof wins out over age (to a point). I'd probably buy the 10/107 as well.

However I've never had Lot B and I have had 10/107 so that might change my decision a little.

We kept Lot B around regularly some years ago but not now at today's prices. Kept the Old Rip 10 90/107s as well and I preferred the 107 then.

Thanks everyone for the input. Couldn't talk him out of both unfortunately!

If I had tried one or the other before it might have colored my decision but I decided to go with the 10/107 for $46. Kind of already have though given I have the Weller 12 at home already and like that fine so I am OK passing on the Lot "B" and agree that going with proof over a bit more age seemed like the logical choice!

I second the 10/107, the 17 proof is more valuable than the extra two years in wood. Id love to see a 12/100 Van Winkle, a modern nod to the old VOF.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.