George Dickel

Graal
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I noticed the same thing in a recent tasting, I hope Diageo puts some effort into this brand.

Indeed. For some years the palate, IMO, drifted to an extreme of mineral, "vitamins" taste. Hopefully the course has been reset. The silk and mouthfeel of this current one are really impressive - and the proof is still 90.

Every few years I buy a bottle (the No. 12, this time) and am very pleased with the current purchase. The texture is silky soft, no burn and like a good brandy. The taste is vanilla-driven, with butterscotch and light distillery flavours. Just a touch of the trademark vitamins, which I'm good with at this level. Impressive and an excellent value.

Gary

I had some a few weeks ago and I don't know how old the bottling was, but it was pretty vitamin-y. I wasn't bad but it wasn't what you described either.

For me the vitamin note is elusive, sometimes I catch it, sometimes I don't.

Every few years I buy a bottle (the No. 12, this time) and am very pleased with the current purchase. The texture is silky soft, no burn and like a good brandy. The taste is vanilla-driven, with butterscotch and light distillery flavours. Just a touch of the trademark vitamins, which I'm good with at this level. Impressive and an excellent value.

Gary

Agree with this. Had another 12 last night with a single ice cube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the batches must vary.

Gary

Yep must be quite a bit of variation. The first bottle I had about 4 years ago..now that I think back..had no vitamin taste at all..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.