Padron Palmas and The Fox

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

An anonymous box arrived at my house on Friday with a bottle of The Fox and a variety of cigars. It seems that a former SB.COM regular spontaneously sensed that my bottle of Virginia Gentleman was near completion. What a great and unexpected surprise. I took the opportunity and paired The Fox with a Padron Palmas. An interesting pair, if not slightly mismatched by the full flavor of this cigar.

Cigar Details

Wrapper: Nicaragua

Filler: Nicaragua

Binder: Nicaragua

Size: 42 x 6 1/4 inches

Style: Corona

MSRP: $2.90

According to Cigar Weekly

"I think the Palma is one of the most flavorable in the Padron line. Indeed, its flavor of cream, chocolate, coco, all the sweetness is in this cigar. Nice burn and ash. Good amount of smoke. Medium bodied. A must in my humidor

Bought a box after smoking one."

"Classic Padron in a small package"

Contains classic honduran flavors. This baby was every bit as flavorfull as its larger brethren......maybe more. Honduran flavor: chocolatey Meduim bodied and a great value.

According to Mister Ed

Tons of Blue Gray smoke from a medium bodied mini-version of the thousand series cigars. The first half is mild to medium with chocolate notes. It gets earthy in the later stages with a firm well formed ash. Good short smoke. Paired well with the sweet smoothness of the fox.

bandit.gifbandit.gif

HUZZAH!!!

I have never smoked a Palmas, but I always rave about the Padron 5000! Delicious smoke! Anywho, you said that the Padron was a little too strong for the drink, or was it vice versa?

The saddest thing about the Padron line is that in order for a store to carry them, they have to carry the ENTIRE line...most store these days just want to carry the Anni '64s and forget about the classic Padrons like the Palmas and 5000! mad.gif

-Brian

Ed,

Have you seen any of the Palmas locally? I don't recall seeing them at Schwabs or LB, but then I wasn't looking for them either. One of my favorite cigars is the Padron 5000. I would like to sample these.

Jeff,

I made a trip to Liquor Barn yesterday to buy some more Coppola Diamond Black Label Claret (Cabernet Sauvignon) 2000 and stopped by the humidor to search for the Palmas. No luck. They didn't have the 2000 Coppola either. They didn't have the Jefferson and they laughed when I foolishly asked about a new Stagg (that's really an old Stagg). Overall a wasted trip. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

The Palmas was a gift from a guy who might say "Smoke It Man, Smoke It".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.