So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

I figured that with the beginning of a new year, we'd start up a new cigar thread. Over the Holidays I delved into the coolidor a little more than normal. Last night I rang in the New Year with a smoke that has gained it's share of accolades, an Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill. Nicely constructed, solid burn, and enjoyable throughout. I'll say that I find AB's to be somewhat inconsistent, but when they're good--they can be really good. This one is worthy of the positive chatter, IMO. Earlier, it was one of my go-to favorites, Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur. Mild, flavorful, and easy to smoke. A nice sit-back-and-relax with a pour of HH 6yr BIB type of cigar. Nice.

So, what did you fire up lately?

:toast:

Kicked off the new year with a Padron 64 Anniversario on the terrace of the Greenbrier resort, after making my girlfriend an offer she couldn't refuse the evening before. Gonna be a good year.

Kicked off the new year with a Padron 64 Anniversario on the terrace of the Greenbrier resort, after making my girlfriend an offer she couldn't refuse the evening before. Gonna be a good year.

Uh-oh. You didn't just up and do, what I think you just up and did...did you? ;)

I think he did. This calls for a nice drink. I will open something new when I get home from work.

smoking a 2002 or 2003 hoyo de monterrey art selection with some weller antique. these cigarsare good examples of non cuban cigars which have aged well. just a fantastic cigar. and the bourbon.....well its my first time trying this and i just love it! lots of bang for the buck. and it tastes pretty good too. like those cinnamon discs old ppl suck on!

Joe, I did. After 5 years or so of telling her I would never repeat that particular mistake, she was surprised to say the least. I have been wondering who is the bigger dummy- me for asking, or her for saying "yes".....

Finally have a good fire going out in the outdoor fireplace on this damp evening, so going to fire up an Oliva Serie V Double Robusto. :bandit:

I had a Liga Privada Papas Fritas tonight. I'll be buying more of these for sure. Like a #9 at half the price and about half the time to smoke. Tasty.

[h=2][/h]

I had a Liga Privada Papas Fritas tonight. I'll be buying more of these for sure. Like a #9 at half the price and about half the time to smoke. Tasty.

[h=2][/h]

70 something degrees in mid-January? On the front porch in shorts and t-shirt with San Lotano maduro and EC12 selected by local package store.

I am not educated on cigars but really enjoy then from time to time. After picking up a couple bottles last night and asking the store owner for a recommendation under $7, I purchacsed "The Edge" by Rocky Patel, really enjoying it but don't know anything about it.

Today, I smoked a Tatuaje Black Label cigar. It is a petit lancero with medium strength and great flavor.

I am not educated on cigars but really enjoy then from time to time. After picking up a couple bottles last night and asking the store owner for a recommendation under $7, I purchacsed "The Edge" by Rocky Patel, really enjoying it but don't know anything about it.

Never been a big fan of Rocky, but I have had the Edge and it was a nice smoke. You did good.

Back out by the outdoor fireplace again, with a Cabaiguan. Nice and earthy smoke. Dang, it got cold ouch-ere. Good far, tho! :D

Today, I smoked a Tatuaje Black Label cigar. It is a petit lancero with medium strength and great flavor.

Tried a Tatuaje Gran Cojonu for the first time. Wow, what an absolutely great cigar. well made, even burn, great spice. Never had the brand before, but jeepers a very special cigar.

Tonight a Fuente Anejo with a pour of Jack Daniel's Silver Select. Life is good.

Joe :usflag:

Met up with some buddies at the corner bar, and spent an enjoyable Friday afternoon enjoying some beer, whiskey, and cigars. Alec Bradley Black Market was my smoke of choice. This was my second Black Market that I have had. The first one from a couple of months ago was marginal, but this one was a fantastic. Great, even, tight, burn. Nice deep nutty flavor. Very Padron like, right up to the prodigious amount of smoke it billowed out. I'll have to remember this one come skeeter season. :D A fine release from AB.