So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Took the family on a camping trip this weekend. Friday night had a Bolivar gold medal that was fantastic. Saturday night had a Monte #1 followed by and H. Upmann #2 by the fire. Paired everything with some OWA.

Celebrated some good news with a hoarded Partagas #4 and some of my best Scotch last night. And enjoyed a great hockey game in the process.

Bought some sticks today. Got 2 each of the Padron 6000, Oliva Serie V Torpedo and NUB Habano 464T. Not sure what I'll smoke tonight...

I have a box of Kristoff Maduros in the humidor that just weren't very good- hoping they get better with age. I broke out the annual sample this weekend. It was significantly better than last year; maybe by next summer they'll be good.

A San Lotano Habano Toro tonight along with a healthy pour of PVW15. Excellent on both counts

San Cristobal Sun Grown and a Romeo & Julietta (NC) last night with some Bruichladdich 10. Wish we had better bourbon prices around here...

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was a CAO La Traviata Divino Maduro Robusto with my after dinner coffee.

Tonight I just finished a "Bardstown Whiskey Society suggested pairing" of EC12 ( my current favorite ) with an Ashton VSG ( Robusto ).

While the combo was enjoyable, I'm convinced the price I paid for the Ashton VSG was NOT worth it.

Busted out something really nice tonight, a Trinidad Fundadores from 2003. I paired it with a FR OESO, and it's going well so far :cool:

Smoked a whole bunch of Monte Cristo Edmundos on vacation in Spain over the last week and a half.

CAO Brazilia tonight. Smoked the first inch and then the darn wrapper split lengthwise about 1-1/2". Still smoked fine, tasted great

Last night was a Garo Double Habano Churchill and some EWSB'03 while listening to the Triple A Syracuse Chiefs/Rochester Redwings game.

Syracuse cruised to a 7-1 victory. :cool:

Edited by RocknRoll

This second? A 5 Vegas "High Primings", which CBid professed was the fullest flavoured one they make.

Not that full.

Have a 601 La Bomba in the sights, however.

Got my box of the 5 Vegas 2013 Limitadas yesterday. As usual, a solid, tasty smoke for a bargain price.

Montecristo #2. From a little island country approximately 93 miles south of Florida. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[h=1]Gurkha Red Witch - Box Pressed ... with Whistle Pig Straight Rye ... yum, yum[/h]