So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Tonight, a Macanudo Maduro with a healthy pour of Henry McKenna 10YR. Nice...
FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.5ceefa672c92f14b430787b360ed666b.jpg

Nice bourbon and stick.

• 2 weeks later...

58909846ee9042b0cb58432d550b1f0b.jpg

Smoking a Monte 4 from a couple of boxes I bought around 2011. That's the issue with Cuban cigars. You have to buy them and let them age to get to the sweet spot. I have to say these are getting close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my birthday weekend so I'm starting it with an Opus X and a heavy pour of Glenfarclas 40 yr as I watch the evening storms roll in

20 minutes ago, BigRich said:

It's my birthday weekend so I'm starting it with an Opus X and a heavy pour of Glenfarclas 40 yr as I watch the evening storms roll in

Happy Birthday, fella! Cheers to you while waiting on these same storms with an Oliva box press Série G and a VOB BIB 6 yr.

I've been hitting the Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva line pretty hard of late.  Went with a Corona Imperial tonight while listening to the choir out back (bullfrogs and such). 

I'm not a big fan of that Aberlour expression but I really like the Liga. Nice Dave!

Enjoying an HC Habano2 with some private selection BT. Great way to end the weekend.

A Corona House Brand Nicaraguan Robusto with a pour of EW BIB. Cigar is just alright, the EW BIB never disappoints. 

IMG_3933.JPG

6766f3692fdda936db4c1583ed5c9fdf.jpg

Tiny little things from RA that were discontinued more than a decade ago. I forget the name but they are good.

1 hour ago, Razer91 said:

Slumming it on a Wednesday

IMG_20170726_191549.jpg

Slummin'.  Yeah Bo, looks like you dug that one up out of the gutter...:D  That would have been king of the table on Saturday.  Well, behind Country's Wood Tipped Black & Mild, of course...  :lol:  Missed seeing you then, but Quante represented the Med School membership well!  Hopefully, see you next time!  

20 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Slummin'.  Yeah Bo, looks like you dug that one up out of the gutter...:D  That would have been king of the table on Saturday.  Well, behind Country's Wood Tipped Black & Mild, of course...  :lol:  Missed seeing you then, but Quante represented the Med School membership well!  Hopefully, see you next time!  

Thanks for taking care of him Joe! He said that he had an amazing time hanging out with the guys. I'll be sure to attend the next one and I'll bring some gutter cigars with me! 

Went with the first non Cuban I've smoked in a couple of years at least this afternoon. A Liga Privada 9 from a box signed by Jonathan Drew back in late 2011. He signed it with the note of "let's meet up and do the bourbon tour" which in looking back was a precursor to their KY Fire Cured lineup. I recall we had a good discussion that evening about KY tobacco and bourbon since I'm from a family who was involved in both ventures. I also recall him telling me that the cigars (LPs) were best when smoked within the first 2-3 years and I'm a full believer as these are 5 1/2 years old and have lost a lot of the dimension they had when younger.

Still brought back some good memories and some smiles.

• 3 weeks later...

Mrs and Littlesmokinjoe headed up to the mountains with family friends to watch the solar eclipse tomorrow, so it's just me, tonight.  So making the best of it with Aurelio's pizza take out, The Sheltie, Buffalo Trace, and a CAO Flathead 554 on the back patio listening to the Cards and Pirates on the radio.  I think I'll survive...;)

A Perdomo 20th Anniversary Robusto and some Binny's PS BT from 2010 are very enjoyable tonight. For whatever reason, my palate seems to enjoy BT with full flavored cigars

Arturo Fuente Anejo Shark. With Glenfarclas 105 from the flask. Wife asleep on the couch. Gorgeous night to be outside. Cheers!

IMG_1830.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Last night was an Isla del Sol with a healthy pour of EW 1783. This was my first flavored cigar and I was very skeptical, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can seeing these being an occasional stick for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

End of the work week calls for a great cigar, in this case a Sobremesa paired with a ps WTKS. BourbonJoe was right when he said I wasn't worthy of a cigar this good :D

Finishing up getting the Halloween decor up and relaxing with my buddy with an AF Don Carlos Présidente.

IMG_4179.JPG

Edited by smokinjoe

Last handful of cigars... DPG was tonight's. 08 Siglo VI was best of batch a few nights ago. AVO was also quite memorable. d133860114e685c4b143b8810eac12ae.jpg79c715bb712172eb5575e27663c6a026.jpg6c87a3e1f602b420c7e190bc58b2dc8b.jpg8a62bcb7718732a465c91f33d9c1f6d3.jpg0df8c4a0c00c9a8c0d8cb21adb6d15f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk